V6 cracked extractors engine mount and ecu edit?

Turbo, Manifolds, Exhaust, Intercooler, Internals etc

V6 cracked extractors engine mount and ecu edit?

Postby backinalux on Wed, 02 Sep 2015 4:09 +0000

Hi guys,
Cape trip done, few issues with poor luxxy..
Cracked drivers side extractors. Bad.
And collapsed passenger mount according to exhaust shop
So questions, I like the idea of removing the stock cats ( using some long extractors ) and fitting a 100 cell after the y pipe, adding a flex join.

But the ecu will need editing or something for check engine light? How is that done?

Mounts... Is there a fix for the collapsed mounts?
Or better ones?
Or cheap ones?
Or can I solid mount it?
Not keen on spending 200 bucks every time it collapses..
backinalux

Re: V6 cracked extractors engine mount and ecu edit?

Postby jakelux on Wed, 02 Sep 2015 6:25 +0000

Do you have some pics of how bad the crack is in headers.?
jakelux

Postby Scotts Rods exhausts on Wed, 02 Sep 2015 6:42 +0000

Hi. There are sensors after the cats so removing them will trigger the engine light. Some customers choose to use their scan tool to turn the engine light off, however this needs to be done continuously. i am yet to find someone who can tune this to stop the error. If you do find someone, please let me know. You could fit new extractors (such as Hurricane Headers) and new Euro 4 cats to fix the cracked manifold issue, however the Euro 4 cats will still have the restriction you are trying to get away from. Ros @ Scott's Rods Performance Exhausts
Scott's Rods Performance Exhausts / Scott's Rods 4x4
3 Hooper St
West Ipswich
QLD 4305
07 3812 0266
https://www.facebook.com/scottsrods4x4/
Scotts Rods exhausts

Postby backinalux on Thu, 03 Sep 2015 5:28 +0000

jakelux wrote:Do you have some pics of how bad the crack is in headers.?

No photos they got welded in weipa where the front cylinders tube meets the tri collector and cracked again not long after between the collector and the cat. Roads are seriously rough up
There. Exhaust dude (who is an arrogant overcharging prick) reckons they're crystallised and will just keep cracking which they are starting to do again.
backinalux

Postby backinalux on Thu, 03 Sep 2015 5:33 +0000

Scotts Rods exhausts wrote:Hi. There are sensors after the cats so removing them will trigger the engine light. Some customers choose to use their scan tool to turn the engine light off, however this needs to be done continuously. i am yet to find someone who can tune this to stop the error. If you do find someone, please let me know. You could fit new extractors (such as Hurricane Headers) and new Euro 4 cats to fix the cracked manifold issue, however the Euro 4 cats will still have the restriction you are trying to get away from. Ros @ Scott's Rods Performance Exhausts

There must be some way to fix it, I have the rear 2 cats removed now, as the sensor is between the first and second cats.
I am thinking the ecu needs to see a reading that changes in sequence with the first sensor. I might try hooking up a meter to see what the two sensors read and when and see if the second one can't be bridged out somehow.
Or I might just throw another set of short ones on and not worry about it haha.
backinalux

Postby Philby on Tue, 15 Sep 2015 6:59 +0000

Scotts Rods exhausts wrote:Hi. There are sensors after the cats so removing them will trigger the engine light. Some customers choose to use their scan tool to turn the engine light off, however this needs to be done continuously. i am yet to find someone who can tune this to stop the error. If you do find someone, please let me know. You could fit new extractors (such as Hurricane Headers) and new Euro 4 cats to fix the cracked manifold issue, however the Euro 4 cats will still have the restriction you are trying to get away from. Ros @ Scott's Rods Performance Exhausts

Hi Rod,
Been using this simulator with long tube headers for 3 years now with no problems with codes or air fuel ratio
Phil

http://urdusa.com/store/Electronics-Rea ... index.html
Philby

Postby backinalux on Thu, 17 Sep 2015 2:41 +0000

Philby wrote:

Hi Rod,
Been using this simulator with long tube headers for 3 years now with no problems with codes or air fuel ratio
Phil

http://urdusa.com/store/Electronics-Rea ... index.html

Hi Phil,

i knew there was a product for this, just couldnt find it..

so u rip off all the original cats, and manifolds, install front o2 sensor into new headers (add a more free flowing cat).. and plug in the simulator.. what do you actually do with the rear o2 sensors?

do you have to install them in the exhaust tube? you obviously dont leave them swinging in underneath the truck..
backinalux

Postby Scotts Rods exhausts on Thu, 17 Sep 2015 11:13 +0000

Hi Phil. Thanks for the link, Scott has only seen one of these before, so it is great to get some feedback. Some of our customers use a scan tool to get rid of the engine code, but this looks more permanent.

I believe the sensors on the simulator plug into the rear o2 sensors.

Thanks again, Ros
Scott's Rods Performance Exhausts / Scott's Rods 4x4
3 Hooper St
West Ipswich
QLD 4305
07 3812 0266
https://www.facebook.com/scottsrods4x4/
Scotts Rods exhausts

Return to Engines