disable trc hilux diesel

disable trc hilux diesel

Postby HiluxSamana on Sun, 24 May 2015 6:36 +0000

I have a Hilux 3,0 diesel, 2014. IT DOES NOT HAVE A BUTTON TO KILL THE TRC. I am living in the Dominican Republic, perhaps different version.

But i want to kill my TRC, anybody any idea. I do not have any switch inside the car to reset or shutoff.

I opened the hood for the relais... also, can not find it...

Anybody can help???
HiluxSamana

Re: disable trc hilux diesel

Postby dino12 on Sun, 24 May 2015 8:02 +0000

Pull the fuse for the abs brakes before you go off road and then replace it when you get back onroad. Find a sparky who can trace the wiring for the abs system and splice a switch into the wiring under the dashboard That will save you pulling the fuse. You may get a trouble light on the dash after operating the switch. If it doesn't cancel itself after restrting the vehicle, by a small cheap scantool whuch cancels codes so you can cancel it without any problems . This is all illegal and will void your warranty. I only tell you how to do it, and in no way do i recommend you do it as I don;t want to be involved in a law suit if you have an accident or warranty problems.
cheers.
dino12

Re: disable trc hilux diesel

Postby nicebike on Mon, 25 May 2015 8:24 +0000

There is a thread here somewhere started by Boxhead showing exactly which wire on the control module plug to splice a switch into.

The info is for the Australian model, but there are photos and diagrams in the thread so you can check yours and see if it is the same.
nicebike

Return to Electrical