1SPRINTS LUX

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

1SPRINTS LUX

Postby 1SPRINT on Sat, 31 Jan 2015 3:37 +0000

Hey all, been on here for a while now so I thought I’d start a build thread. I came across the site when I was looking to carry out upgrades to my 2010 SR5 D4D auto.
I bought it in 2012 stock standard, it was fitted with the TomTom navigation head unit and reverse camera, hard lid and nudge bar, I fitted some Supafit seat covers staright up. Soon got sick of that so I fitted Caloffroad 3” springs and bilstien struts in the front with Snake racing 2” blocks and bilstien shock in the rear and extended brake lines all round.
I also imported some Race line Raptor wheel in 17x10 from the states.
I rolled around with this set up for a little while before fitting an ARB Sahara bar and safari snorkel and had the sports bars powder coated black.
As I mainly use it to tow my other Hilux to events I was on the hunt for a bit more pulling power, so I got in contact with Matt at Just Auto’s and ordered a HKS unit and installed it along with a shift kit for the auto and an A pillar gauge pod with boost and EGT gauges. I had it tuned and it made 186hp at the rears
This lasted for a couple of months before the turbo died due to not liking the extra boost, so then it was off the speak with Graham and Tim at Gturbo and soon enough I had a Grunter extreme in my hands and fitted that along with a HPD front mount intercooler kit. Just waiting now to have it retuned, which should be happening in the next couple of weeks.
Pics:
And my 99 2WD single cab with 1UZFE Harrop HTV1900 supercharger with C4 gearbox
1SPRINT

Re: 1SPRINTS LUX

Postby 1SPRINT on Mon, 13 Apr 2015 8:07 +0000

Had the Hilux tuned with the new turbo and front mount cooler and made 203hp.
[imgImage][/img]
1SPRINT

Postby StevenS on Mon, 13 Apr 2015 8:32 +0000

Awesome gains! I'm looking at the Gturbo to compliment my own HKS tune, how has the Gturbo affected down low performance (ie below 2000rpm) compared to the stock turbo?
I understand it's not always about the overall power gain but rather how it's delivered
StevenS

Postby 1SPRINT on Mon, 13 Apr 2015 10:31 +0000

Down low I've found it to be much the same as the standard turbo, but it does spool up a fair bit quicker than standard just not sure what RPM.
1SPRINT

Return to Member Build Ups