G'day from the south coast now

G'day from the south coast now

Postby Southcoastlux on Wed, 27 Aug 2014 7:20 +0000

Hi all,

Just thought it would be a polite thing to introduce myself, have a 2011 Hilux SR Dual Cab, had it for 6 months and haven't looked back! Cannot believe I have joined but I just need to find out as much as I can about my Luxy and I thought what better way than a bunch of like minded people who have far greater knowledge than me and have been bitten by the Hilux bug. By the way I have just driven a 1996 model Lancer into the ground ( 650,000kms) so this Hilux is the best toy I have had. You know job, kids and the whole deal!
Southcoastlux

Re: G'day from the south coast now

Postby Rocket55 on Thu, 28 Aug 2014 5:02 +0000

Image Welcome to the forum southcoastlux :D wow, 650,000km out of a Lancer, has to be dome kind of record 8-) if you're looking for info on the Hilux they you've come yo the right place, plenty here :D

This forum contains an almost endless array of knowledge about the Toyota Hilux and over the years a lot of topics, questions and issues have been addressed. In order to get the most out of the forum and in an attempt to try and keep the information in an organised (well semi :lol: ) manner, please utilise the search function at the top of the page and ask your questions or contribute to existing threads as much as possible.

Here are some useful links to help you get the most out of this forum.

Search
Advanced Search
Search Members Shed's
Sandpit - An area for new members to experiment with posting pictures
How to post pictures
Budget mods $50 or less - quick cheap awesome mods to get you started
Forum Directory (BIBLE WIP) - quick links to popular stuff
Oh and the Forum Guidelines, just in case you skipped them like I did ;) when signing up - Forum Guidelines

Welcome, and happy posting :D
Cheers Rod
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Bitumen ...... another waste of public funds
Rocket55

Postby Southcoastlux on Thu, 28 Aug 2014 6:20 +0000

Thanks mate,

My girlfriend, Now wife brought it brand new and for the first five years gave her nothing but stick about it. For the last last 13 years I have had to eat my words on a regular basis, only replaced a radiator and a dizzy. Thing still isn't dead, down at a mates farm to teach the kids to drive manual.

Thanks for the advice on the forum, cheers.
Southcoastlux

Postby kitdoctor on Sat, 11 Oct 2014 1:31 +0000

Mate. Same story for me. My girlfriend, now wife bought a '96 Lancer new. Replaced "dizzie" and radiator, that's it. Currently sitting at 200,000 km but problem is small blisters of rust are appearing in the roof from the inside. This happened virtually overnight and as many of the rust spots are in a straight line indicates there was some manufacturing fault. Interior is starting to suffer from the harsh sun also. Cheers MONGO.
kitdoctor

Return to Introductions