Is a chip really that good?

Turbo, Manifolds, Exhaust, Intercooler, Internals etc

Re: Is a chip really that good?

Postby pisso01 on Fri, 27 Jul 2012 1:36 +0000

DieselSmart wrote:I'm quiet happy to answer any questions you might have about our products. So feel free to ask :)

Whats the difference between your chip and a Chit it one and the Steinbauer one? Ill be in the market for a chip in the future and these are the two I was considering.

Cheers,

Chris.
My touring Lux - viewtopic.php?f=41&t=7795 - Nearly finished
pisso01

Postby DieselSmart on Fri, 27 Jul 2012 2:29 +0000

Hi Chris,

I do not like to get into slander/slinging crap at other people so I will do my best to answer them as honestly as I can and with information that is readily available to the public.

Well for one, we do not alter rail pressure - so that's the difference between us and chip it. We believe that our way is the right way. We believe increasing rail pressure will cause injector rattle which shortens the life of the already not-so-long-life injectors in your pride and joy. There are plenty of these arguments to be found on the net and plenty of information around, I can elaborate on this if need be but don't want to start a 50 page war. To put it simply, we have the ability to alter rail pressures with our products but choose not to.

Our products are TUV certified. As such we can offer a 10 year product warranty and it insures only the highest quality components are used.

We are the only one out of the 3 that will cover a new cars factory warranty.

According to the SB website they only alter injector pulse widths. Where as we alter pulse widths, duration, timing and boost. We also offer 4 maps which are changeable inside the car that run different timing, duration, pulse widths and boost settings to make your car drive differently for different conditions. SB (as far as I know) just come with one tune. chip-it settings I believe are just adding or decreasing pressure and boost (can someone confirm or deny this?).

We have an option to have our EGT Defence system installed which will monitor exhaust gases and can de-tune our module if they get to hot. I believe we were the first company to offer this, I know that chip-it offer a similar set up, not so sure about SB.

We also offer a 90 day money back guarantee so it really gives you a chance to test it out both onroad and offroad.

Before starting Diesel Smart, we were a local performance shop in Mackay. The founding director Mike has been in the industry for 25 years, doing his trade as a Diesel Fitter. We have been specializing in Diesel Performance since the mid 90's. Prior to Starting Diesel Smart (in 2007) we had sold everything under the sun from rapid chips to dp chip to steinbeaur and when the CRD engine came out we realized we needed to step up to the plate and have something that stood out from the rest and that's where Diesel Smart came into it. We believe that our product is second to none on the market and with the technology we have, really can out-perform anything on the market in both economy and performance.

I would be happy to send one of our modules down to our dealer in Sydney to organize for you to try our product before buying it.

If you have any further questions feel free to ask :)
DieselSmart

Postby pigbuds on Sat, 28 Jul 2012 5:13 +0000

Have you experienced any increase in injector rattle with your chip? How much?
pigbuds

Postby fredbear on Sat, 28 Jul 2012 5:33 +0000

DieselSmart,
Thanks for the comments & comparisons you offered. Great to see. Would be good to see similar (without slander or mud throwing) from the others also.
You didn't mention installation (is it diy or does it need a dyno / tune?) & what about quick (toyota servicing) removal & how do you compare on price? Do you recommend a 3" exhaust (any particular ones you have tested?), Do I need an EGT gauge? What sort of temps does you chip give in your tests.
Thx again for info so far.
fredbear

Postby VMN on Sat, 28 Jul 2012 6:22 +0000

Hi guys, a bit late to the party here. I missed a PM From onall4 but have responded to his PM tonight. I also got a PM from another member this morning and never saw the email so I will check my spam settings.

There are an enormous number of things that can trigger a limp home issue and I've had a few of them but I could never relate it to the VMN chip. None of them have ever returned. One was an injector fault with the chip disabled, one was a transmission fault and another was related to a loose lead on the battery! I even got one today when I did not plug in the throttle wires firmly when fitting Andy's high idle. Without reading the error code, and checking it against Toyota troubleshooting documents, you can't be sure if the error is linked to a specific modification like a chip.

As far as other limp home faults, I am only aware of two on customer's rigs, one was an isolated one with no code but never returned and the other was on a Prado after driving from near Sydney to Gympie and he got a dealer to reset the ECU and record the error code. The troubleshooting g was exhaust fault, possibly incorrect exhaust fitted. Turns out that the guy had got a muffler shop make up a bodgey 3" system so it just les to show it is well worth buying a properly designed system.

It's good to see there is finally another alternative on the market that does not increase fuel pressure.
VehicleMods (RodW)
vmn.com.au
VMN Body Lift kit
Dedicated to providing exceptional value and service to NewHilux members
VMN

Postby highoctane on Sun, 29 Jul 2012 7:03 +0000

Diesel smart, do you have any special offers or deals for the members of the forum?
highoctane

Postby Hellbound on Sun, 29 Jul 2012 7:32 +0000

Diesel Smart - does your chip plug into each injector seperately, or does it plug into the sensor on the fuel rail?
60% of the time, it works every time
Hellbound

Postby dans hilux on Sun, 29 Jul 2012 8:15 +0000

The modules plug into each of the injectors.
I dont speak fluent in idiot.......Speak slowly and clearly!!!
dans hilux

Postby DieselSmart on Mon, 30 Jul 2012 7:58 +0000

Hey,

Thanks for answering Dan.. I have quiet a few inboxes which I will get back to this morning :)

hope everyone had a good weekend!
DieselSmart

Postby treesmith on Thu, 24 Jan 2013 6:54 +0000

DieselSmart wrote:I'm quiet happy to answer any questions you might have about our products. So feel free to ask :)

Wot is involved in fitting ??
Love a lot
Trust a few
Always paddle your own canoe.
treesmith

Previous

Return to Engines