Provent 200 pvc seperator...

Turbo, Manifolds, Exhaust, Intercooler, Internals etc

Re: Provent 200 pvc seperator...

Postby Hellbound on Tue, 13 Dec 2011 10:50 +0000

Noidea wrote:
schultzie wrote:Put it back in at the front of the compressor housing, looked fairly simple when I looked at mine ;)

How do you know exactly where to plumb it into. i.e. where to take it out of the engine and where to put it back again?

Its designed so it goes inbetween where the existing hoses connect to, so where the hose that comes out of the top of the rocker cover and goes back into the air inlet tube. We are basically fitting this unit between those two ports, it only has an inlet and outlet and drain so its pretty simple i guess however making it fit against the guard then back to the same port the way it is is proving the problem
60% of the time, it works every time
Hellbound

Postby yamahaman on Tue, 13 Dec 2011 4:28 +0000

Hellbound why dont you look at somthing like this either buy a new inlet onto the turbo or weld a spigot onto your existing elbow this is whats on my 2011 runout sr extra cab, then you could block off the old fitting.

The top of my breather is the same as yours so no picture required just the bottom is very different
We can't stop here! This is bat country!!
yamahaman

Postby Hellbound on Tue, 13 Dec 2011 4:42 +0000

That lower fitting on the housing looks absolutely perfect for the job, is it a toyota part or did you tweak the old one to add the fitting there?
Hellbound

Postby yamahaman on Tue, 13 Dec 2011 4:53 +0000

Hellbound wrote:That lower fitting on the housing looks absolutely perfect for the job, is it a toyota part or did you tweak the old one to add the fitting there?

Nah mate this is bog stock on a 2011 I was looking at a mates today and his is an 09 and its like yours. The rubber tube on the inlet from the air cleaner is on a different angle and it may not be totally compatable so turning up an alloy spigot and getting it welded on would be the go.
We can't stop here! This is bat country!!
yamahaman

Postby danmcccc on Tue, 13 Dec 2011 4:57 +0000

blank off the hole in the inlet pipe and vent the rockercover to atmosphere ;)
old enough to know better...young enough to not give a f**k

MY KILLER BUILD THREAD
viewtopic.php?t=9235
danmcccc

Postby sclaff on Wed, 14 Dec 2011 12:42 +0000

Mines just like yamahamans on a 2006 SR.
Looks like toyota might be a bit random with this part ???
sclaff

Postby Hellbound on Wed, 14 Dec 2011 8:59 +0000

hmm if they all have that inlet pipe with the hose going straight up this would be a piece of piss to do....
Hellbound

Postby mattz on Fri, 16 Dec 2011 2:53 +0000

Hellbound wrote:They do sell a kit but its just standard sized clamps and oil/resistant hoses which you can pick up yourself from pirtek / enzed for much more reasonable prices. Altho the kit cost from the Tritonsite looks pretty attractive given that its delivered to your door for a similiar price....

Geez you blokes are slow to catch on :lol:
I purchased the canister only.... Not the full kit.
I then purchased my hoses and fittings at pirtek at a good price ;) as I am a regular in their store for work.
It then worked out at roughly the same price as the kit delivered. I paid full price not group buy price coz I purchased and installed well before our Newtriton group buy.
So.... if the hoses they supply in the kit are a suitable size for your luxes.... Go for it..... You won't do much better on price.
The reason i purchased the hose and fittings separately is..... I didn't want the blue hose that comes in the kit.... I wanted black.... To keep it more "factory" looking.
This is a great bit of kit..... Much better than a catch can alone because it also has a filter..... But..... I think it's about $80 to replace. :shock:
I don't have any association with any suppliers or such....but I highly recommend this product.
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A BOY AND A MAN IS THE PRICE OF HIS TOYS.......
mattz

Postby Hellbound on Fri, 16 Dec 2011 3:31 +0000

Any chance of posting up some pics on how you installed the outler line back into the intake for us all to see matey :mrgreen:
Hellbound

Postby Rebs on Sat, 17 Dec 2011 12:19 +0000

Hellbound, apart from it being probably illegal just wondering why the need to plumb the outlet hose on the provent back to the turbo air feed pipe at all.
You could just vent the outlet to the atmosphere - clean air now - and plug the spigot on the air feed pipe into the turbo!
Why bother routing "clean" air back into the intake system?
Second thought, maybe the PCV system needs the partial vacuum in the turbo feed pipe to work efficiently.
Rebs

Postby bloke&tackle on Sat, 17 Dec 2011 6:09 +0000

Rebs wrote:Why bother routing "clean" air back into the intake system?.

I't's not clean air, it just won't have oil vapour.
You are right the PCV system is one of the emission control mechanisms and can't legally be disabled.
Regards Chris.

I started life with nothing, and I've still got most of it left
bloke&tackle

Postby Hellbound on Sat, 17 Dec 2011 8:31 +0000

Rebs wrote:Hellbound, apart from it being probably illegal just wondering why the need to plumb the outlet hose on the provent back to the turbo air feed pipe at all.
You could just vent the outlet to the atmosphere - clean air now - and plug the spigot on the air feed pipe into the turbo!
Second thought, maybe the PCV system needs the partial vacuum in the turbo feed pipe to work efficiently.

Agreed, i think this unit is designed to go between the two points of connection so that when the car is under acceleration its pulling air down the throat of the intake tube and also thru that pipe thats plumbed in the side and effectively creating suction so that the gases are pulled out of the rocker cover and into the intake tract...

???? Could be way of here fellas as ive been over-thinking the shit of this :lol:

Would be easier to block the airpipe feed and put a filter head on the outlet of the unit as it still needs to breather abit, otherwise may aswell fit a simpler catch can and be done with it....
Hellbound

Postby Hellbound on Sat, 17 Dec 2011 8:31 +0000

Rebs wrote:Hellbound, apart from it being probably illegal just wondering why the need to plumb the outlet hose on the provent back to the turbo air feed pipe at all.

Agreed, i think this unit is designed to go between the two points of connection so that when the car is under acceleration its pulling air down the throat of the intake tube and also thru that pipe thats plumbed in the side and effectively creating suction so that the gases are pulled out of the rocker cover and into the intake tract...

???? Could be way of here fellas as ive been over-thinking the shit of this :lol:

Would be easier to block the airpipe feed and put a filter head on the outlet of the unit as it still needs to breather abit, otherwise may aswell fit a simpler catch can and be done with it....
Hellbound

Postby Zippy on Sat, 17 Dec 2011 4:19 +0000

Rebs wrote:Hellbound, apart from it being probably illegal

No not illegal only if its vented to the atmosphear ;) If you run the vapore through the filter then back into the intake' then thats all your doing' just pulling out the oily crud before it gets into the intercooler/compresser.
Youll find that there isnt alot of vacume their created from the compresser'(you can put your finger on it and block it off no probs) mostly pressure from the PCV.
Some manufactures are looking into making there own....filter for this very reason.....filtering out the crud before entering other more sensitive components.......but are a bit slow on the uptake :mrgreen:
this is highly recomended.....see my pics on the previous page' and thats what is comming out......yuck!! :lol: :o
Yea rite
Zippy

Postby Stuck on Tue, 03 Jan 2012 11:24 +0000

Any more news on this one guys?
Stuck

Postby Noidea on Tue, 03 Jan 2012 3:15 +0000

Last I checked mate I didnt get the numbers unfortunately. I think there was a few problems experienced when installing these on the older models. Something to do with the return pipe I think
Noidea

Postby schultzie on Tue, 03 Jan 2012 4:33 +0000

So not going ahead with it?
schultzie

Postby Rebs on Tue, 03 Jan 2012 8:10 +0000

Noidea wrote:Last I checked mate I didnt get the numbers unfortunately. I think there was a few problems experienced when installing these on the older models. Something to do with the return pipe I think

Mate, I think you were only a couple short when I last looked and while I am aware of potential return pipe problem I think it can be overcome. I am still interested in getting one even though the installation of the unit itself also presents a challenge.
Rebs

Postby Hellbound on Tue, 03 Jan 2012 8:10 +0000

I've got it sitting here looking at me every time i go in the garage, have it all worked out except that theres no easy way to plumb in the outlet side of the unit back into black air tube coming off of the airbox cos mine doesnt look like the picture posted above.

Might have to drill and tap a new hole in the air tube and blank off the old one altho i am reluctant to do that as im not sure with the warranty situation with toyota will be next time i take it in so i want the abilirt to return to looking stock if i have too...
Hellbound

Postby KTM525EXC on Thu, 05 Jan 2012 8:31 +0000

on the tritons do they plumb back into the air intake?
D4D THE WAY TO BE!!!!!!
KTM if it's not orange, its a lemon
KTM's Kick Arse Buildup
KTM525EXC

PreviousNext

Return to Engines