TONNEAU COVERS

General discussion of basically anything Hilux related

Re: TONNEAU COVERS

Postby shanno on Thu, 21 Oct 2010 7:43 +0000

So guys i fitted the Alphaline tonneau the other day. it fitted very well surprisingly (thought it might have been a bit loose).
Pics are in my shed.
The hardest part was taking the roll bars off and fitting the brackets on which lift it up about an inch and a bit. It would have been heaps easier with 2 people but.
Cheers,
Shanno

My Buildup
shanno

Postby 2010Blulux on Fri, 03 Dec 2010 11:37 +0000

shanno wrote:So guys i fitted the Alphaline tonneau the other day. it fitted very well surprisingly (thought it might have been a bit loose).
Pics are in my shed.
The hardest part was taking the roll bars off and fitting the brackets on which lift it up about an inch and a bit. It would have been heaps easier with 2 people but.

I'm looking at fitting one of these at the moment just waiting to hear back from them on weather they know if anyones tried to make on work on a tub with the factory drop in liner. I guess I would either have to cut it out where the clamps need to go or maybe fit some riv-nuts in the tub, drill through their brackets and bolt the frame on. This way I only need to drill a few holes in it rather than cutting away big chunks. Having fitted one shanno do you think it might work?

Mick
2010Blulux

Postby shanno on Fri, 03 Dec 2010 7:57 +0000

Hey Mick,
I reckon it might work without drilling or cutting the liner.
This is what the clamps look like:

In the last pic you can see that that is a bit of room between the base of the clamp and the lip of the tub. It all depends on how thick the liner is. I havent had a good look at the liner so I cant really be sure how thick they are :?:
But other than that, its a really good tonneau. It looks like a hard cover (you can barely noticed the crossbars) but can be easily rolled up.

Hope this helps ya. Cheers,
Matt
Cheers,
Shanno

My Buildup
shanno

Postby 2010Blulux on Sat, 04 Dec 2010 4:55 +0000

Thanks for your info Matt

I got an email straight back from them yesterday was really surprised how quick it was. With the liner in place you are left with flat sides inside but they said they have done them before and just cut 4 small horizontal slots to accomodate the clamps... Too easy.
I'm harrassing the minister for finance about final approval today hope to have one on its way by monday.

Cheers

Mick
2010Blulux

Postby shanno on Sat, 04 Dec 2010 7:02 +0000

Haha too easy mate :D Yeah that would make sense.
Haha now for the hard part ay ;) just tell her its a fifth of the price of a hard cover. that'll work :mrgreen:
shanno

Postby 2010Blulux on Tue, 08 Mar 2011 4:46 +0000

So I finally coughed up the cash for one of these today. Great mob to deal with had it to my door same day... Caboolture to Caloundra. Hope to have it on when I get home from work in a bit over a week.

Mick
2010Blulux

Previous

Return to General Discussion