replacement / Spare key and programing

General discussion of basically anything Hilux related

Re: replacement / Spare key and programing

Postby ashh on Sun, 15 Jun 2014 7:10 +0000

I bought this one, $79 + $15 postage from Thailand (genuine Toyota)
http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/221172488503
ashh

Postby solemandownunder on Fri, 20 Jun 2014 2:08 +0000

stringer wrote:Has any tried this guy? Aussie seller and can program and cut the key for $180 if in syd or buy direct http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 1314867053

Be careful with this one mate...I do not believe it is an OEM key, I think it may be aftermarket.

I am making enquiries about it...will keep you informed.

There are plenty of OEM keys available as ashh says....

Cheers, Ray.
solemandownunder

Postby dazzah on Fri, 20 Jun 2014 6:58 +0000

I was looking at getting a replacement key recently as my original key is starting to fall apart (buttons stuffed)...and was only given one key when I purchased the hilux 2nd hand.
I ended up going to local locksmith (Frost, here in Newcastle)...cost me $80ish to have chip from original key put into a new body and have new key cut (apparently the key is cut from a programme (not a copy of original)...and then also got a spare key cut with a copied chip for $120ish (but no buttons)
Cost me $209 all up and he gave me the spare (just the key, the one you take to the beach etc)...
And it took about 30mins to get it done.
dazzah

Postby Shakey0011 on Mon, 23 Jun 2014 1:03 +0000

Hi Gents,
I have read the posts and I'm a little confused. Need to purchase a new key and was quoted $500....Ah no chance am I paying that. Search E-Bay for the correct key, think I found it, then read the posts now I'm lost.
June 2009 Hilux
Internals of both keys are MDL-B41th
Both key shafts have the dot on them.
What is the correct key to purchase?
Cheers In Advance
Shakey0011

Postby ashh on Mon, 23 Jun 2014 7:20 +0000

It's easy, if you know the chip type in your key and your key has a dot on it, that's exactly what you need to know for what you have to get.
ashh

Postby pettylux88 on Wed, 25 Jun 2014 1:52 +0000

Hi guys,

New to this game but hoping you can point me in the right direction!
I have an 05 lux with key issues. The plastic housing that holds the metal key part and the buttons for the central locking is cracked and I am unable to turn the key without it coming apart. I inquired about getting just the new plastic housing from Toyota but they told me I need a whole new key and reprogramming as the chip is inside the outer case and not the removable part in the middle which holds the battery. Just wondering if any of you know where it actually is or is this another sly money making move from Toyota?
pettylux88

Postby pettylux88 on Wed, 25 Jun 2014 1:52 +0000

Hi guys,

I have an 05 lux with key issues. The plastic housing that holds the metal key part and the buttons for the central locking is cracked and I am unable to turn the key without it coming apart. I inquired about getting just the new plastic housing from Toyota but they told me I need a whole new key and reprogramming as the chip is inside the outer case and not the removable part in the middle which holds the battery. Just wondering if any of you know where it actually is or is this another sly money making move from Toyota?
pettylux88

Postby dazzah on Thu, 26 Jun 2014 3:24 +0000

pettylux88 wrote:Hi guys,

Hey mate
My post a few before yours explains how I did it...I had the near same problem but not as bad...the plastic case and buttons were falling apart...I just took it down to frost locksmiths (this is in Newcastle) and he cut a new key and took the chip out of old body and put it in new body...cost me $80
dazzah

Postby solemandownunder on Wed, 02 Jul 2014 4:30 +0000

As you all know by now, I am in Brisbane and happy to help any way I can. Just PM if you need assistance.

btw...some Thailand sellers are sending B42TA modules instead of B41TA......these are interchangeable and work fine.

When it comes to B41TH modules with a dot key..ID67 NOT "G" chip, then we can help.....by rights all dot keys should be ID67 and with B41TA modules..NOT B41TH...but that is not written in stone, we have seen some anomalies to this.

Cheers, Ray
solemandownunder

Postby redirtlux on Tue, 23 Sep 2014 3:12 +0000

Very interesting ,I was under the impression the Hilux was steel proof.
I know someone who's 2008 SR5 was stolen the other day ,never to be seen again.
We were wondering how those ass holes stole it.
Now we know, I'll be fitting a $2.00 kill switch to SR very soon.

So far I haven't had to replace a key in mine but thanks for the info
redirtlux

Postby zonny on Thu, 02 Oct 2014 2:30 +0000

Just FYI, bought a ebay key (only one i could find for new hilux 2012) tried a few instructions but followed instructions from solemandownunder and hiluxsr52221 on page 4 and worked first go, $73 key and $27 to cut it made it $100 even

5 times cheaper than anything else in Perth, WA :P :P :P

current ebay key
http://r.ebay.com/ZaV3Xr
zonny

Postby n0_pAnCaKeS on Sat, 04 Oct 2014 10:16 +0000

Hey guys. I have tryed all these set up a couple of times. Managed to get the blank key synced to the central locks then i got it cut and it wont start the car. Plugged the key beeper back in and tryed to re code the key and it still just operates the door locks. I have checked the key codes on the tag and they are all B41TA. Im trying this set up on a 2005 kun26r xtra cab.
Will upload some pics of the keys if needed
D4-D the way to be

My 05 Xtra cab build
n0_pAnCaKeS

Postby zonny on Sat, 04 Oct 2014 11:40 +0000

n0_pAnCaKeS wrote:Hey guys. I have tryed all these set up a couple of times. Managed to get the blank key synced to the central locks then i got it cut and it wont start the car. Plugged the key beeper back in and tryed to re code the key and it still just operates the door locks. I have checked the key codes on the tag and they are all B41TA. Im trying this set up on a 2005 kun26r xtra cab.
Will upload some pics of the keys if needed

Thats just for the keyless entry, need to double check the transponder identified by the '(dot)' or 'G' if these dont match it will never start the car.

If you fail, start car with original key (to refresh the system) turn off and go again.

This one below worked second try for me.

hiluxsr52221 wrote:coding a key has two seperate procedures on newer models the above mentioned one only codes the door locks. To code the key for the imobiliser first you have to be using the master key (black key) then insert it in and out of the ignition 5 times leaving it in on the fifth then open and close the door 6 times after closing it on the sixth time pull the key out the security light should come on solid indicating its in program mode and while its solid put the new key in the ignition and wait 1 minute. The security light should stop flashing after 1 minute if all has worked

hope you get it this time
zonny

Postby n0_pAnCaKeS on Sat, 04 Oct 2014 3:10 +0000

Thanks heaps zonny! :D
Had to give it a couple of goes before i got it to hook up but it works!
D4-D the way to be

My 05 Xtra cab build
n0_pAnCaKeS

Postby zonny on Sat, 04 Oct 2014 10:22 +0000

Same, thought I might of got done over by a ebay scam but then hey presto, she started!
zonny

Postby thermos on Thu, 01 Jan 2015 7:27 +0000

solemandownunder wrote:
Tanksy85 wrote:Yeah the only small codes i can find in there are the b41th and both are the same my new key has the dot stamped into but i have been using a set of pliers to turn the stub of the old key and cant tell if it is a stamped dot or a G i did read that there is a difference between the two.it does turn the ignition.i went to my local auto sparky (the only bloke in town with a scan tool)and he recons he cant do it and toyota is the only option.mine is a june 2010 sr

Mate...urs is a "G" chip key ( changed over in Sept 09 ). The "dot" signifies the wrong chip and it will be an ID67...NOT compatable...

The MODULE is correct as in B41TH....but the CHIP is wrong.

You MUST have a working Master key before any ON-BOARD programming procedure will work...the car MUST see the working Master Chip...BEFORE it will go into programming mode.

If you need further help, just PM me mate.

Cheers, Ray.

Just a quick post to thank Ray for all his help.

My Hilux is a 07/08 , I contacted an eBay seller for a new key and despite sending him pictures he advised me to buy a G chip key (even though I queried him saying my car is only 2008). After the key arrived, I managed to program the central locking but could not get the transponder programmed/car to start after many attempts.

I contacted the eBay seller and they advised me that the advert says for locksmith or dealer program only i.e. get stuffed. Stupidly I decided to take the chip out the key as I was rather pissed off at this stage.

At this time I thought I would try to send solemandownunder/Ray a PM to get advice. Ray wrote back and confirmed that I should have the ID67 chip not the G chip. Ray asked for my mobile number to discuss further. Ray then gave me a call midday Saturday and I told him the scenario. As I had likely stuffed the chip, Ray offered to send me the right chip (ID67). I asked how much it would be and he mentioned he would send it out free of charge (he didn't want anything despite me offering). Two days later (via express post envelope) the ID67 chip arrived, I programmed it and it worked.

Thank you Ray, I really appreciated your act of kindness and your actions speak louder than words!

Thanks
Jezza
thermos

Postby arbor68 on Tue, 17 Mar 2015 7:26 +0000

I own a 2010 Hilux. Today I received my key off ebay, got it cut and attempted your method when I finished the doors locked and unlocked straight away but the key wouldn't start my hilux
arbor68

Postby n0_pAnCaKeS on Tue, 17 Mar 2015 7:32 +0000

I had the same problem. There is another procedure to program the key into the ignition. Have a look at the post on this page by zonny. Thats how i got my key to program to the ignition.
Good luck
D4-D the way to be

My 05 Xtra cab build
n0_pAnCaKeS

Postby emubitter on Mon, 27 Apr 2015 12:24 +0000

I had the same issues with keys having only got one key with purchase, bought another key on ebay, came with programming instructions....couldn't get the remote to work...went back to the steps listed on this site and BINGO!
Thanks guys.
emubitter

Postby Crackshot on Mon, 11 May 2015 12:38 +0000

Hello,

I am a first time poster, I hope I am following the correct procedures for doing so. I recently acquired a 2011 Hilux with just one key. I've read and re-read all the posts on here about programming a new key, yet I am still unable to perform this function. I have purchased an aftermarket key that matches my current original key with a 'G' transponder and a B41TH module. The issue I am having isn't to do with the newly purchased key because I cannot get my Hilux to enter either of the programming modes for doors or ignition after carefully following the steps provided in this detailed thread. When I try the ignition coding sequence, the light never turns solid to indicate programming mode and when I attempt to code the doors, the door locks never cycle to indicate programming mode. I have been very careful to follow the instructions exactly, so I wonder if there are any more tips someone can provide in regards to this issue. Is there a specific in timing of opening closing doors (I've read it has to be completed in 40 secs) but is there a timing with the opening/closing doors that works best. I've tried opening/closing quite quickly and slowly, always doing the multiple open/close or close/open at a steady pace, yet I am unable to get the car to indicate programming mode so I can even see if this new key I purchased will work. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated since all the automotive locksmiths I call reckon it can't be done for my Hilux. Thanks in advance.

Col
Crackshot

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion