Negotiating price for new Hilux?

General discussion of basically anything Hilux related

Re: Negotiating price?

Postby davis.16 on Wed, 04 Mar 2009 4:10 +0000

camwill69 are you sure thats an 09 plated one not an 08 upgrade??? the 09 plated ones were released after the economic trouble and should be far more expencive.

Just curious cheers Sam
Yes this is my ute...... No i won't help you move house.
davis.16

Postby Quinny34 on Wed, 04 Mar 2009 5:08 +0000

The quoted diference I got today on SR auto was 2K between 08 to 09 plated utes....
FCCW
Application for G##C membership REVOKED
quinny23@newhilux.net
Quinny34
Platinum Subscriber

Postby jogal on Wed, 04 Mar 2009 5:43 +0000

Hey guy's watching this thread wth interest as i too am in the market for an upgrade in the next few months. The best price i have got in W.A for what was posted earlier was $54500 i am after a white one though auto. I would consider coming east if it's around the 50k mark.
jogal

Postby davis.16 on Wed, 04 Mar 2009 6:07 +0000

its not necessary to come east any toyota dealer is part of the nationwide toyota network and if there is a cheap white hilux in sydney and your in Darwin for example they are obligated to get it to you (you will pay for transport but its not as much as it youse to be) mine came from melbourne to the gold coast no probs $400. what you are better off doing is contacting a big dealetship and getting a realy good price and take it to your dealer and get them to match it.

Hope this helps Cheers Sam
davis.16

Postby camwill69 on Thu, 05 Mar 2009 6:06 +0000

Sam,
100% that it is an 09 plate for $53k.
Regards,
Cam
camwill69

Postby davis.16 on Thu, 05 Mar 2009 6:56 +0000

ok then i had better give my deler a call and give it to him for quoting me $59000 of an 09 hilux.

haha he wont like that i a pain to him anyway... he must cringe when he sees my number pop up on his phone.\

Cheers Sam
davis.16

Postby camwill69 on Thu, 05 Mar 2009 8:12 +0000

Sam,
Just got confirmation that no 08 plates are available in Sterling Silver. Dealer wrote;

"Just checked..I can't get a 2008 model for you supply is exhausted. There is only 6 units in the whole of QLD 2 blue, 2 Black, 1 Red & 1 White.. There are at Sci Fleet, Ipswich, Motorama, Torque and Nambour"

So yes that confirms price is for 09 plate vehicle.
Regards,
Cam
camwill69

Postby Tonym on Thu, 05 Mar 2009 1:33 +0000

It doesn't matter what they quote if you have a trade in as the change over figure is what is important, if no trade you should be talking a drive away price as that is the only way to know what you are actually paying. If you think they will sell you a car at a loss you are dreaming, they dont sell to you for your benefit. I just got an 08 SR5 diesel auto DC with floormats, weather shields, H/L protrctors and rear camera and Toyota alloy BBar for my young bloke and it cost me $47860 drive away no trade.
Tonym

Postby camwill69 on Wed, 24 Apr 2024 7:49 +0000

Tony,
May I disagree.
Dealers will sell at a loss if you get them at the correct time. It is all a numbers game. They have a target to meet, and if they achieve that target they are rewarded.
It works like this. If your target is 25 vehicles for the month and they sell over this target you (the dealer) will get a rebate from the manufacturer of say 2% off all vehicles sold that month. This can amount to a fair bit as 25 vehicles at an average of $40k each is $1m with 2% of that being a rebate of $20k. So that last vehicle (the 25th) could mean an extra 20k so they are happy to sell that vehicle at a loss.
Dealers no what are their strong months from historic records and will not even try to achieve there targets some months as they know the rebate is out of that months reach.

The targets are set buy the manufacturer from historic sales figures. Once a dealer has met their first rebate mark the prices will be up again until they get close to the next mile stone and they start pushing hard for sales again (to achieve another rebate).

This is my understanding of how this industry works.

Regards,
Camwill69
camwill69

Re: Negotiating price for new Hilux?

Postby Skrewdriver on Sat, 27 Apr 2024 8:07 +0000

Remember this: The dealer, irrespective of the badge, is NOT YOUR FRIEND! He is there to make as much as he can, and you only purpose is to save as much money as you can. It is a business arrangement, take humanity out of it. When we went looking the first time at the Newcastle Mazda dealership, I was wearing a Toyota T-Shirt and the salesperson commented something to the effect of “Oh you like Toyota’s” and I responded, “I am here to talk business, not talk fashion.” He changed his tune quick smart after that.

Back in 2020 my wife bought a Mazda CX-5 (the first one she had was written off in an accident), so she wanted the same car second time around, same colour, same options, same everything.

I emailed every single Mazda dealership within a 4-hour radius of where we live asking for a quote on a new CX-5. All the dealers got the same email, so everyone had the same specs.

From cheapest to highest quote was a $6000 difference. We ended up going back to the same dealership we bought the first CX-5 from only because were only going to save $300 if we went to the next best offer which was in Sydney.

My advice is to shop around, you have the money in your pocket, they want your money, you have the power.

My details are below if you want more information.
"Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it"
George Santayana

E-Mail: pbialasinski@bigpond.com
Phone: (0407) 237723
Skrewdriver

Previous

Return to General Discussion