Weather Photographer-Warwick heading West.

Weather Photographer-Warwick heading West.

Postby ChrisMc70 on Mon, 20 Nov 2017 6:16 +0000

Im Chris and thanks for the Introduction link in the Bible Wip. I live in Warwick, always wanted to own a Hilux. Ive saved $10 to buy a 2003-4 Sr or Sr5. The diesels ive found in this price range have upwards of 350xxx on the clock. Ive found quite a few V6 under 10k with much lower k's. The latest vehicle Ive found has 210xxx V6 dual fuel/LPG ITS very tidy, one owner and well looked after. Ive been checking the forums for information on the LPG and what Questions to ask. The tank is mounted under the tray, but further back than the spare tyre bay. Is it safe under the vehicle? Seems to have a steel plate protecting it and is lifted 3". I AM worried about the V6 and fuel consumption. Hoping the gas may balance it out. I am a weather photographer with Higgins Storm Chasing. Most of the country I will travel in this ute is flat. I can get Gas in gundy and also Mitchell and Roma so can refill when in those towns.

Finding A good quality secondhand vehicle has become really daunting. I cannot afford to F# this up.
The plan is to keep the vehicle for a few years and then upgrade to a new Hilux when I'm ready and after a few years in my new job.

Any help and guidance along the way would be great. Only a wish I had found this form a few weeks ago

Thanks, Chris.
ChrisMc70

Re: Weather Photographer-Warwick heading West.

Postby DeadlyBeast on Mon, 20 Nov 2017 7:37 +0000

G'Day Chris and welcome to the forum

If the hilux is carrying or towing a load then by most accounts here fuel economy isnt too bad.
Its only when your put your foot down that you will suck the juice - storm chasing might do that 8-)

We will be expected a pic of your hilux in or in front of some severe weather ;)

This forum contains an almost endless array of knowledge about the Toyota Hilux and over the years a lot of topics, questions and issues have been addressed. In order to get the most out of the forum and in an attempt to try and keep the information in an organised (well semi :lol: ) manner, please utilise the search function at the top of the page and ask your questions or contribute to existing threads as much as possible.

Here are some useful links to help you get the most out of this forum.

Search
Advanced Search
Search Members Shed's (Start your own shed 8-) Its easy)
How to post pictures
Sandpit - An area for new members to experiment with posting pictures
Budget mods $50 or less - quick cheap awesome mods to get you started
Forum Directory (BIBLE WIP) - quick links to popular stuff
Oh and the Forum Guidelines, Forum Guidelines

Happy searching and posting
DeadlyBeast

Postby ChrisMc70 on Mon, 20 Nov 2017 8:18 +0000

Thanks very much DB for the welcome! I will be sure to upload a photo fhis summer with the Hilux in front of a pancake stacked shelf cloud rolling in frim SW Qld!
ChrisMc70

Postby DeadlyBeast on Wed, 22 Nov 2017 10:09 +0000

It might be a good wet season this year 8-)
DeadlyBeast

Return to Introductions