New Hilux owner

New Hilux owner

Postby boggedtom on Mon, 27 Aug 2012 11:33 +0000

Hi everybody, i just bought my first Hilux 8-)

It's an 06 turbo diesel dual cab manual SR ute, 156 000 ks with little tyres.

Now about me, Tom, light vehicle mechanic, into and race classic minis, married, 2 daughters, i lov the beach and getting off road and itwas all getting too much for my ever reliable Outback.

So really i needed a stronger towcar and something that can take me deepe into national parks and really boggy sand.

I've donesome research and the main issue i'm expecting is the whole injector thing, what do people reccomend? It starts and runs (as quietly as expected from a diesel) from stone cold and i was warned to look out for cold noises, should i lookinside the rocker cover just for the sake of it, or just monitor the oil pickup and drained oil every 5000 or so? Does anyone use a flush additive before oil changes they'd reccomend?

Having small tyres i want to fit sunraysias and bigger tyres (SR5 size) when they get worn out, are all the diff ratios the same across the different spec 4x4 models? or could i be introducing a problem?
Cheers

Tom
boggedtom

Re: New Hilux owner

Postby KTM525EXC on Tue, 28 Aug 2012 4:00 +0000

welcome to newhilux Tom,

have a search around, those topics have been covered before and will answer all your questions. ;) where are you from?

cheers Troy
D4D THE WAY TO BE!!!!!!
KTM if it's not orange, its a lemon
KTM's Kick Arse Buildup
KTM525EXC

Postby boggedtom on Fri, 26 Apr 2024 6:24 +0000

Hi Troy,

I too am from rAdelaide, so i'm interested in finding some fun places to put my Hilux on top of rocks and mud, also remote places to do some shore fishing.

Tom
boggedtom

Postby Rob_Wood on Fri, 26 Apr 2024 9:31 +0000

boggedtom wrote:Hi Troy,

I too am from rAdelaide, so i'm interested in finding some fun places to put my Hilux on top of rocks and mud, also remote places to do some shore fishing.

Tom

Mid North Coast NSW, there's plenty of those places. There's also plenty across the top end, take the "coastal tracks" from Darwin to Cairns, that's fun. Plenty of sand in the middle, haven't done it yet, but I'm told there's a good music thing once a year out Birdsville way.
Plenty to choose from, pick one, tell the missus (or someone responsible) where you're going and then get there.
Rob_Wood

Return to Introductions