Gday from Exmouth WA.

Gday from Exmouth WA.

Postby bigmagskip on Thu, 07 Apr 2011 2:00 +0000

Gday guys, I've made a coupla posts on the site already but haven't done the whole intro thing.

I managed to pick up a white 06 dual cab SR, stock standard with a few too many k's on the clock but a great price so I jumped at it. Wasn't planning on spending much on it but occasionally the night shift boredom has me googling things I shouldnt and all of a sudden the bank balance has gone backwards and the daily check of the post box begins.

Just completed a snorkel install last night, pretty happy with the result and although I could have paid for the install its always nice to know a bit more about the truck afterwards. Definately didnt feel right cutting holes in the girl though.

Other than that I installed a dual battery system in the tub a coupla weeks ago, went the redarc, fullriver battery, some heavy hitting hardcore cable that fell off the back of a truck.

I threw on a pair of 240 Blitz Lightforce when I first bought it. Other plans when I come across the next bargains will include an ali tray and canvas canopy, some black sunraysia style rims and some shoes for the rims.

I've done the seatbelt beeper mod and will do the bench seat mod when I find the time.

That is all. The mods and other forum topics have been invaluable so thanks guys, keep the info coming.
bigmagskip

Gday from Exmouth WA.

Postby KTM525EXC on Thu, 07 Apr 2011 2:08 +0000

Welcome mate to newhilux,

Your a braver man than I giving a snorkel install a go yourself lol I couldn't bring myself to putting the power drill through the quarter panel. :lol:

Cheers Troy
D4D THE WAY TO BE!!!!!!
KTM if it's not orange, its a lemon
KTM's Kick Arse Buildup
KTM525EXC

Re: Gday from Exmouth WA.

Postby helmut79 on Thu, 07 Apr 2011 2:46 +0000

Welcome aboard mate.

The old story, just logged in to get some advice now I'm poor but the lux is red hot :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mick
FCCW

“This is anger management......I’m channelling it into something and then I destroy it!”

My Build viewtopic.php?f=41&t=6869

New Member Sandpit viewforum.php?f=83
helmut79

Postby jogal on Thu, 07 Apr 2011 5:52 +0000

Welcome dude heaps of info here !!!!!!!
Exmouth what a cool place i eloped there with my wife a few years ago, loved it so much we bought a block of land and hopefully one day build a house and move up there.
Were currently trying to get up there for easter but having trouble finding accomadation. :D
jogal

Postby seb on Thu, 07 Apr 2011 9:59 +0000

welcome mate.
i'll have too hit u up n come visit soon!
:D
Cheers Seb.
seb

Postby bigmagskip on Fri, 08 Apr 2011 2:36 +0000

Cheers guys,

KTM525EXC, in regards to cutting holes in the side of the Lux I just told myself that I could always just replace the panel if things went pearshaped. And had a rough estimate in my head of what a quarter panel would be worth and then doubled it, still ended up being a pretty scarey figure.

Its not hard to find new friends when they realise you live in Exmouth!! hit me up, I'd always be up for a beer, spear or a fish.

Jogal, not sure if that was a "hint hint" in regards to accommodation but keep me updated, kinda hard to offer a complete stranger accommodation but who knows. Wheres your block of land??

Alright its seat mod time.

Hey people keep an eye out for sunraysia style rims that fit these Luxs!! I"ve got some 15's up here that I can have for free and can get blasted and painted for free too but they require spacers to fit and I'm not sure if spacers are the safest of things.
bigmagskip

Postby jogal on Fri, 08 Apr 2011 5:28 +0000

Hey mate wasn't trying to hit you up for accommodation ! as i would be travelling with a 9month old and wouldn't do it to a stranger as a full nights sleep is pretty rare these day's with all the crying going on.
My block is in the Sea side estate.
jogal

Return to Introductions