Finally, the introduction....

Postby MartinWhite on Sat, 15 Jan 2011 5:24 +0000

Well, I had a bit of time up my sleeve, so I thought I would finally get around to introducing myself to the New Hilux World. I purchased my hilux as a lease car in january 2010. the first round of mods were on the Hilux when I got it, these included the ARB Deluxe bar, IPF spotties and Safari Snorkel. I also had fitted a hard top cover, as the missus enjoys shopping and dumping the goods half way through. I would just like to say that this site has been the brainchild to many additions to my Hilux and I appreciate the time and effort that has gone into the backyard engineering that many people before me have done. Not only does this help others out but it also inspires one to think outside the box to produce something worthy of publishing on these very pages. It is also one thing to note that even though we may have not met nor maybe never will meet there is a strong sense of mateship happening as evident by the tips and tricks and solutions to problems that many have had before, or even if it is just another idea as to what the problem may actually be.

If there is anything that i could help with, I am more than happy to try have a crack at helping a fellow enthusiast. since the purchase of the Hilux i have added 4 IPF 800 spotties to the top of the roller and a Tigerz11 winch with rope, plus front and rear ARB Diff Locks, this being the last purchase (only done 9 months on the road). i am yet to add more pics in the shed as i only found out how to do it today after playing with it for a while, feel free to have a look and please leave comments

thanks for your time in reading my intro and hopefully one day i will get out and meet/greet some of the crew out and about on the weekends

Martin
MartinWhite

Re: Finally, the introduction....

Postby helmut79 on Sat, 15 Jan 2011 5:34 +0000

It is also one thing to note that even though we may have not met nor maybe never will meet there is a strong sense of mateship happening as evident by the tips and tricks and solutions to problems that many have had before, or even if it is just another idea as to what the problem may actually be.

Another great way to sum this site, welcome aboard mate.

As allot of people will testifier to plenty of like minded people here to help one another out ;)
Mick
FCCW

“This is anger management......I’m channelling it into something and then I destroy it!”

My Build viewtopic.php?f=41&t=6869

New Member Sandpit viewforum.php?f=83
helmut79

Postby MartinWhite on Sat, 15 Jan 2011 5:41 +0000

thanks Mick,

Loving that pic in your avatar, no doubt it was worth it, lol.
MartinWhite

Postby helmut79 on Sat, 15 Jan 2011 5:45 +0000

Thanks Mate, looks more spectacular than it really is, pretty hard bottom on this water crossing just a bit deep at times, snorkel is on the list to do this year.
Mick
FCCW

“This is anger management......I’m channelling it into something and then I destroy it!”

My Build viewtopic.php?f=41&t=6869

New Member Sandpit viewforum.php?f=83
helmut79

Postby KTM525EXC on Sat, 15 Jan 2011 8:27 +0000

Welcome Martin

It's great to hear that the site has helped you with the lux and its also awsome that the apprishiation ppl like you have taken the time to write and say how much this awsome site has helped you

Cheers Troy
D4D THE WAY TO BE!!!!!!
KTM if it's not orange, its a lemon
KTM's Kick Arse Buildup
KTM525EXC

Postby MartinWhite on Sun, 16 Jan 2011 7:52 +0000

Mick after talking to some blokes the Snorkel was the first thing i did, as it is a lease car i ordered it with the snorkel so i had it on before i picked it up. i had some weird looks when i pulled out a black rubbish bag to test the snorkel in the showroom, mind you the bag broke so snorkel seal is good and has been tested since :D

Cheers Troy, hopefully i will be able to contribute back to the forum shortly, i have a bit of a project happening :D :D :D
MartinWhite

Return to Introductions