Alex's WMD

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Jack's Lux- now with CHIP IT MODULE

Postby Jack S on Wed, 02 Feb 2011 3:15 +0000

Efini7: I'll make a better write up with step by step and pictures for you, and make a new thread! I'll get this happening for you...
Jack S

Postby Jack S on Thu, 03 Feb 2011 2:18 +0000

Right oh, well a few extra little things:
I ran all the wires for the chip it EGT guage and also mounted the moniter, i havent connected it yet as i didnt have the right size 'tap' to thread the hole for the egt probe. ill connect it all in the begining of the week, i installed the screen in the panel where the cig lighter is, was little bit of fiddling around but at the end it wasnt a hard or long job at all...

As we all know, with the Monster Rides REKON diff bracket fitted, buds engine guard doesnt fit due to the diff center sitting below the crossmember, i had my guard slightly modified so so it now fits. I just had spacers made up and welded onto the guard so it clears the diff, i grinded back the spacers till it was just off the diff only by a few mm and put some high density rubber/foam inbetween the centre and the plate to hopefully dampen some of the shock impacted:

This is as high as you will get it unless you are going to do what Max has planned (see his thread). Or get a new one made up at the normal height with a section cut out for the centre to sit through!
I went this was as it was quick and easy and now covers everything i need it too, might make a few changes with it down the track but for now it will do the job very nicely. The engine and bash plate are getting powdercoated black in the next few days when i organise it...

Also got a few things happening in the background that i am hopeing will be finished and at my door step very shortly. So keep an eye out :D ;)
Jack S

Postby Drew on Thu, 03 Feb 2011 8:02 +0000

Nice mate, Bash plate mod looks the goods too !!!
Im not stuck..... Im thinking
Drew

Postby Jack S on Thu, 10 Feb 2011 5:27 +0000

Right oh connect the egt moniter this arvo.

* I drilled and tapped the hole in the exhaust, as close to the turbo as i could, which will get the best reading (or as per instructions).
* Now it wasnt a massive or big job but it did take a little while. Its in a very fiddly, uncomfortable and tight spot. Lucky i am not the biggest person in the world!
* With the power supply, there is a earth behind the speedo and i just connected the power to the same spot as where my speedo correction unit power is. On the ignition wire. I thought connecting it there it wouldnt have constant power, but it does :?
* As the egt is plugged into the CHIP IT module, this means when you set the 'max' egt, (mine is at 650C, but i may increase or decrease this depending on the sort of temps i get), if the sensor reads higher than what you set it than the chip turns off and goes back to stock, so the temps can go back to normal.

If anyone does intend to get this kit and wants some more info on it all, than just send us a pm! But i may make a separate thread on this, about fitting etc etc...
Ill also post up some pictures if anyone asks.
Jack S

Re: Jack's Lux- need opinions!

Postby KTM525EXC on Thu, 10 Feb 2011 11:32 +0000

Jack S wrote:But sorry guys about the no action pictures part of my build, ive been pretty slack in that part of the game :( . Hopefully i can get some pics either this sunday or next wednesday (australia day)! But at the moment with my stock toyota bar, everytime i flex enough i hit and scrap the shit out of that! But once bud has finished his bar, look out :lol:

still no pics of the lux getting dirty Jack :shock: ya might have to get a can of spray on mud yet lol :lol:
D4D THE WAY TO BE!!!!!!
KTM if it's not orange, its a lemon
KTM's Kick Arse Buildup
KTM525EXC

Re: Jack's Lux- CHIP IT and EGT fitted

Postby KTM525EXC on Thu, 10 Feb 2011 11:34 +0000

ps..... the lux is looking really good :D

cheers Troy
D4D THE WAY TO BE!!!!!!
KTM's Kick Arse Buildup
KTM525EXC

Re: Jack's Lux- need opinions!

Postby helmut79 on Fri, 11 Feb 2011 5:45 +0000

KTM525EXC wrote:
Jack S wrote:But sorry guys about the no action pictures part of my build, ive been pretty slack in that part of the game :( . Hopefully i can get some pics either this sunday or next wednesday (australia day)! But at the moment with my stock toyota bar, everytime i flex enough i hit and scrap the shit out of that! But once bud has finished his bar, look out :lol:

still no pics of the lux getting dirty Jack :shock: ya might have to get a can of spray on mud yet lol :lol:

x2 on that one Jack, dose it ever get dirty :? :o :shock: :P
Mick
FCCW

“This is anger management......I’m channelling it into something and then I destroy it!”

My Build viewtopic.php?f=41&t=6869

New Member Sandpit viewforum.php?f=83
helmut79

Postby Jack S on Fri, 11 Feb 2011 6:01 +0000

Yes I does get a little dirty around the paddocks and stuff, but nothing really that interesting to post pictures on...
But yes yes I know I know, give it a few more weeks with a few more mods happening and I'll be out there lot more for sure!
Jack S

Postby Alby on Fri, 11 Feb 2011 6:03 +0000

Yeah Jack we want to see some pics of it being used in anger! :)

We all know how you look up to Max but we don't want any exhaust shots :shock: :(

Your rig is coming along nicely though Jack. ;)
On the internet you can be anything you want. It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid!
Alby

Postby Jack S on Thu, 17 Feb 2011 3:41 +0000

OMG how did that tray get onto my ute :lol: .

Well guys, got a custom tray and fitted it this arvo! looks pretty good in my books and i think everything will look sweat once i got the Buddy Bar fitted when its ready, and couple more inches of lift!
The roll bars are also removal, just a couple of bolts.
I will be getting the LED tail lights wired up tomorrow morning off the local auto electy.
I also got to run a new hose for the fuel filler at the moment i had to take the main part off and just cap the 2 hoses, i am thinking about running it all the way to the back of the tray! *** But if anyone has some idea please let me know***
Also will be getting new mudflaps and sorting something out with them, making them look a little better, will probably go some black one.
Not sure if i should get some small tool boxes made up for underneath, maybe to fill it in a little....

Here is some pics, enjoy :D :

Jack S

Re: Jack's Lux- THAT AINT MY TRAY!!

Postby amitch888 on Thu, 17 Feb 2011 4:09 +0000

Looks like a machine now! :shock:
FCCW
Mitch's Build

Education is what you get when you read the fine print, experience is what you get when you don't.
amitch888

Postby Alby on Thu, 17 Feb 2011 4:18 +0000

Nice one Jack ;)
On the internet you can be anything you want. It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid!
Alby

Postby johnny5x on Thu, 17 Feb 2011 4:23 +0000

Nice design jack. Not a fan of the rollbars though, they are too high or something.
johnny5x

Postby dute on Thu, 17 Feb 2011 4:25 +0000

efini7 wrote:Nice design jack. Not a fan of the rollbars though, they are too high or something.

I'm the same like the tray but not the bars . . . .
FCCW

inside Dute's black hole

"Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill"
dute

Jack's Lux- THAT AINT MY TRAY!!

Postby KTM525EXC on Thu, 17 Feb 2011 4:35 +0000

dute wrote:
efini7 wrote:Nice design jack. Not a fan of the rollbars though, they are too high or something.

Awsome Jack!!! but I got to agree if the roll bar was a few inches lower it would be spot on
D4D THE WAY TO BE!!!!!!
KTM's Kick Arse Buildup
KTM525EXC

Postby Marshwa on Thu, 17 Feb 2011 4:48 +0000

mate i rekin it looks shit hot. Keep it as it is, there roll bars, u want them a bit higher then ur roof
Marshwa

Postby jakelux on Thu, 17 Feb 2011 4:50 +0000

KTM525EXC wrote:
dute wrote:

Awsome Jack!!! but I got to agree if the roll bar was a few inches lower it would be spot on

Agreed, but maybe if you are gonna ad some roof racks or one of thoses ARB roof rack basket things like 'Bull' has it might look OK.
Good to see ya throwin loads of cash at ya truck Jack.... wish i had your budget for mine!! ;)
jake
jakelux

Postby shanno on Thu, 17 Feb 2011 4:58 +0000

shit looks good jack. heres an idea for you regarding the fuel filler. how about a sparco aircraft filler mounted flush on top of your tray? this way you wont have to extend the fuel hoses much, just need to add an elbow. i put one on my dad's holden tonner mounted on the one of the underneath tray boxes.
http://www.batinc.net/files/cap.pdf
just something different mate
Cheers,
Shanno

My Buildup
shanno

Postby helmut79 on Thu, 17 Feb 2011 5:05 +0000

Looks shit hot Jack, roll bars are there incase you roll.

I like how you still have a 29" spare, make an interesting drive if you got a flat :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mick
FCCW

“This is anger management......I’m channelling it into something and then I destroy it!”

My Build viewtopic.php?f=41&t=6869

New Member Sandpit viewforum.php?f=83
helmut79

Postby Hilux Max on Thu, 17 Feb 2011 5:18 +0000

Great stuff Jack...good to see you got that tray....I agree with the others mate, the rollbars angle upwards as they go back which makes them look too high....either mod them to sit a tad lower or take them off...................or....................................2" bodylift the hilux to get the right height for the tray.

will look awesome wants you get a front bar mate....well done. :twisted: :mrgreen:
Hilux Max
Valued Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Member Build Ups