Adman's SR5 D4D

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Adman's SR5 D4D

Postby adman001 on Wed, 30 Aug 2017 3:50 +0000

Hi folks. I recently moved over from the apple isle to Vic to work for Ford designing Rangers (yep, you read that right). I brought over my filthy lowered Subaru Forester but getting outdoors and away from people is so much harder in Vic… so I needed a big change of scene to get me away from the crowds and into the high country.

Enter my latest activity enabler, redneck release outlet and overbout navigator – an 07 SR5 D4D manual dual cab. I freakin love it :D

Managed to get it for a smidge over $25k with only 130,000kms on the clock. The bloke had installed a heap of stuff to it but I couldn’t see any evidence of it ever hitting the dirt. Most electrical wiring was heinous – all lights hard wired in to cheap buttons, the UHF ‘worked’ (I asked the bloke to demo it, he pointed to the tow brake controller… :roll: ) but otherwise she was in primo condition.

Bought it with the following kit attached.
2" lift
32" muddies
ARB Bullbar
Winch
Snorkel
Roof rack
Snorkel
Tow bar
UHF
Scrub bars & sliders
Twin Spotties, 24” lightbar, 40” lightbar
Highlift jack & shovel mounts
Tray lights

With the honeymoon still in full swing, there’s a lot of plans for the future. Just gotta stop being trigger happy with the credit card! :lol:

Diff and gearbox breathers
UHF unit that's not a brake controller
Recovery kit
Cruise control install
Secondary fuel filter system
Dual battery setup
New head unit & reverse cam
FM bulbar antenna
Air compressor
Muffler delete
Awning
Inverter
Rear bar (Xrox or similar)
More tray lights

Big props to this forum, helped heaps when sourcing the car and already for some of the stuff I’ve done!

Cheers
Last edited by adman001 on Wed, 30 Aug 2017 3:56 +0000, edited 2 times in total.
adman001

Re: Adman's Black Beauty

Postby TOYZX on Wed, 30 Aug 2017 3:55 +0000

Nice one man! Great vintage that year![emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
TOYZX

Re: Adman's SR5 D4D

Postby adman001 on Thu, 31 Aug 2017 5:42 +0000

Haha you know it ;) Hopefully it only gets better with age!
adman001

Postby Caleebra on Tue, 05 Sep 2017 1:06 +0000

Great buy!
Welcome to the forum! :D
- Arne from Norway here, glad to chat with you -

Instagram: @arnlux_adv
Facebook: - Arn's Lux Adventure -
:D
Caleebra

Postby Sam Gribley on Thu, 28 Sep 2017 6:52 +0000

Bloody hell that's a good buy. I'm looking at the moment and have to keep reminding myself to be patient haha. Any tips?
Sam Gribley

Postby hartster on Mon, 16 Oct 2017 6:56 +0000

Very good buying that, well done. Here's some suggestions about your shopping list

Diff and gearbox breathers and transfer case
UHF unit that's not a brake controller
Recovery kit
Cruise control install you’ll hardly use it
Secondary fuel filter system make sure its a pre-filter & you have a water sensor & alarm fitted to the bowl e.g. Fuel Manager
Dual battery setup use a proper charging unit like a Redarc BCDC
New head unit & reverse cam use the rear bar to tell you "far enough", your camera will be covered in dust or the sun will be shining right at it, or both
FM bulbar antenna
Air compressor
Muffler delete you will regret that
Awning make sure you mount this using mega strong fixings, they are prone to falling off on the corrugations
Inverter
Rear bar (Xrox or similar) much better than a reverse camera
More tray lights

Add to your list:

Rear diff lock, the most important bit of kit, you will need one if you want to do the tracks in the High Country properly. It's really frustrating when the tracks are loose and / or wet if you don't have a locker. Get a front one too if you can.

Some of the most fun I've ever had in 30 years in a 4WD was the Vic & NSW high country. Did pretty much all the tracks in 2015 with the family and had a blast. The UHF is vital, but still too many blokes without them, or locked onto their own "private" channels, we had a couple of really close calls despite calling up regularly on the right channels.
2013 Hilux KUN26R DC, 2010 Kluger GSU45R, 2006 Prado GRJ120R, 1993 Hilux VZN130R
hartster

Postby Cameron12 on Fri, 27 Oct 2017 9:15 +0000

Hey man, looks like you were spoilt with extras that were already fitted.
I've got the same model and year, all black too, so i'll me modelling mine off yours.

Have you anywhere with your mods list? looking forward to some updates.

Cheers, Cam
Cameron12

Return to Member Build Ups