lpg

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

Re: lpg

Postby amitch888 on Tue, 13 Mar 2012 6:10 +0000

I see where you guys are coming from, the place we get our gas has gone up 11 cents a litre in the past 2 weeks alone. When we first put gas on our ss the savings were massive, only 4 years ago, paid for itself easily within 12 months especially with a rebate of $2k. While we are still making a saving each year considering the gas kit has paid for it's self more then 3 times over, I'm not positive it would be worth forking out the coin for a another kit of $5,500 and only a small rebate. Our SS runs on average around 13L/100kms on petrol, on gas it's around 14 litres. I'm not sure what the litres/100kms difference is between petrol and gas are on a hilux?

Saying that I'm not against gas, systems are getting better but also getting more expensive to fit...

And as for diesel gas, enjoy the big power gains :twisted:
FCCW
Mitch's Build

Education is what you get when you read the fine print, experience is what you get when you don't.
amitch888

Postby mick2007 on Tue, 24 Jul 2012 9:43 +0000

I have just bought a V6 2007 SR5 and have it booked in at Autoedge next week for LPG with some italian system.

Reading this forum discussion makes me wonder if this liquid injection system is better.

Any ideas and any good installers in Perth would be appreciated.

Cheers
mick2007

Postby amitch888 on Tue, 24 Jul 2012 10:18 +0000

As far as I know there is no liquid injection system for a Hilux? Only vapour.

I find liquid injection alot better in general though, we get better economy with our vz ss v8 liquid injection then we used to with our old v6 commodore vapour gas system. Although even vapour systems are better then they used to be.
FCCW
Mitch's Build

Education is what you get when you read the fine print, experience is what you get when you don't.
amitch888

Postby toyboata on Wed, 05 Dec 2012 3:27 +0000

ATTENTION!!!!

ORBITAL LPi liquid LPG injection systems are now available for 150 series Hilux and 120 series Prado running the 4.0L V6 and i think a kit for the 2.7 workmate is not far off.
The orbital system is the best LPG system ever developed and will result in power output of at least but usually a few percent higher than that of petrol with LPG consumption only around 15% higher in comparison to petrol.
The tank options are 79lt usable cylinder in tub(single and extra cab only) 68lt cylinder in tub(dual cab) 50lt donut in place of spare wheel or 64lt manifold tank in same place(any vehicle) or possibly larger tank for a custom tray.
These systems are factory fitted to the new Ford Eco LPi Falcon as well as are a factory option on the whole HSV range of vehicles.
Anyone keen on more info please ask or shoot me a PM and I'm more than happy to help and work out some prices if you're interested.
toyboata

Postby toyboata on Mon, 25 Mar 2013 6:36 +0000

PRINS VSI2 system now released and is the best vapour injection system ever made. With a 63lt donut tank in place of spare wheel price before rebate is now $3700 and for privately reg vehicles rebate is $1000 so very good value for the best performing system around. Happy to answer any questions anyone may have about this or the liquid injection system. Range of tank options also available.
toyboata

Previous

Return to Fuel Systems