FAQ CHIP IT Diesel Performance Solutions Power Module

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

Re: FAQ CHIP IT Diesel Performance Solutions Power Module

Postby CHIP IT on Thu, 14 Jun 2012 5:46 +0000

BTW. we have been getting a whole lot of enquiries latety about why we get more power than the opposition.

The answer to this is in the 2007+ Hilux and Prado D4-D Fuel Rail chips that come out of Europe only intercept the Primary Fuel Rail signal and do not intercept the Secondary on the 6 Wire Fuel Rail Sensor. As a result the Hilux and Prado's factory ECU correlates the Primary & Secondary signals ( ie does a self diagnostic) and when the two signals are out by more than 10% (as will be the case with those other chips) the factory ECU throws up a signal correlation Limp mode and Check Engine Light (CEL) code. The Chip It Performance ECU intercepts both Primary & Secondary signals and all value changes are made in correlation to each other, hence why we get more power than others without CEL issues.

I hope this helps explain this point clearly. Let me know if you need further info

Cheers
CHIP IT

Postby hybrid on Tue, 26 Jun 2012 6:32 +0000

Have justr got to say I received mine yesterday and am loving the extra power and torque. It's just amazing the difference especially with the sprint booster I have as well.

Hybrid
I'd rather be looking at it than looking for it!
hybrid

Postby Mattya on Tue, 26 Jun 2012 8:14 +0000

My clutch certainly doesn't like the extra power... At only 17000km it's on it's way out but I had a feeling that it would happen so I've got a HD clutch coming, now to decide whether it's a home job or not...
Im Always On The Edge, It Only The Sharpness That Varys.
Mattya
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Blackie2008 on Tue, 26 Jun 2012 9:27 +0000

I've been running folder two custom 1 for ages and now my car keeps randomly going into limp mode... It's drivin me nuts! It was working fine for aged and now I'm having to clear codes when I'm cruising along. Please help!
Dan.

08' SR5 Dual Cab, Manual, Prado brake upgrade, 33" KM2's, DMS MR Rekon Stage II, MMKD, Stage 2 GTurbo, HPD FMIC, NPC Clutch, 360 UHD Gearbox...

Built, not bought

Build thread: http://www.newhilux.net/phpbb/viewtopic ... 41&t=15092
Blackie2008

Postby CHIP IT on Wed, 27 Jun 2012 7:03 +0000

Blackie, no point waiting.

There was an update for it ... unless the fault is because it is wound up too high. Can you try for me Folder 1 Tune 5. Also, we have a newer set of tunes that remove the folders. Now all tunes are in one folder 1-15. If you email me robert@chipit.com.au I will email them to you. Maybe someone can show me how to make them available for others to download too.

If bringing the tune back to tune 5 the car still goes into limp mode, please send it all back to:
Chip It
Unit 1, No 5 Caloundra Rd
Clarkson WA 6030

When I say "all", that's the Chip and Harness

BTW, does your version connect to 12 volts?

Cheers
CHIP IT

Postby CHIP IT on Wed, 27 Jun 2012 7:05 +0000

hybrid wrote:Have justr got to say I received mine yesterday and am loving the extra power and torque. It's just amazing the difference especially with the sprint booster I have as well.

Hybrid

Thanks for the thumbs up.

Hey guys, don't forget I sell the Throttle Controllers too.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/290694117172?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_3167wt_1392
CHIP IT

Postby CHIP IT on Wed, 27 Jun 2012 10:51 +0000

Just to reiterate, :idea: the forum member's discount is only available to those that contact me either on robert@chipit.com.au or via PM.

The Chip It office keep getting calls with requests for the discount however they ARE NOT taking orders for forum discounts on the main number. It is only available via the forum or direct email.

We will need your name, address, tel phone, vehicle details and forum member name please.

Many thanks

Cheers
Robert
CHIP IT

Postby webz on Fri, 29 Jun 2012 10:22 +0000

Just a quick one for those intersted, love the chip.Top work Chip it.

My cousin came over tonight with a Snap on Tool gismo you plug in under the dash so we could try different tunes and clear errors untill we found the right one.
Tried tune 10 and hit limp mode at a cruising speed.
Bumped it back to tune 9 and did same thing but ABS error came up and engine started making a LOUD ticking noise untill he cleared the error. Not to sure what that was.
Also came up with a Center diff lock error. Bit strange cause I dont have one.

Put it back to standard tune to see the difference in performance and only noticed a minimal drop in power. I thought this was a bit bizzare, So I tried Tune 7 and holy shit did it go. Drove it like i stole it to see if it went into limpy but nothing.

So seems Tune 7 is the go for me. Could be a good one for others to try.
webz

Postby CHIP IT on Mon, 02 Jul 2012 11:17 +0000

Yes tune 7 is a fav of mine too.
Last edited by CHIP IT on Mon, 02 Jul 2012 11:19 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
CHIP IT

Postby CHIP IT on Mon, 02 Jul 2012 11:19 +0000

webz wrote:... So I tried Tune 7 and holy shit did it go. Drove it like i stole it to see if it went into limpy but nothing

LOL
CHIP IT

Postby dirtyharry on Mon, 02 Jul 2012 11:52 +0000

Running tune 7 too. Get a shunt through the auto when changing up gear under heavy acceleration sometimes. My fuel consumption is shithouse no matter how much I nurse it now. Going to try some other tunes to see if things can improve
dirtyharry

Postby CHIP IT on Mon, 02 Jul 2012 11:58 +0000

yep, try a different tune ... that's what they are there for. BTW if you have no email me the best tune you find and I will modify it somewhat and send it back to you as Custom tune 1. copy and paste it into the tuning folder where all the other tunes are and overwrite the custom 1 tune if any are there. This will be a custom tune to see if we can get the rough change out whilst still giving you a good tune.

Cheers
CHIP IT

Postby 2012lux on Fri, 06 Jul 2012 10:12 +0000

Hi all, to the guys that have this chip, how have you found it when towing? I have over 2 tone of boat and I am looking for a bit more power. Im looking at getting the chip, EGT & 3" exhaust all in one go. Its a 2012 with 10,000km's on it. Just wondering what differance it has made to other users that tow big loads. Better fuel economy would be great but as long as it dose not go to 5hit that will be fine. So far it sits around 18 to 21 liters per 100 km's when towing. Those figuers are from around 2500 km's of towing as well.
2012lux

Postby CHIP IT on Sun, 08 Jul 2012 12:41 +0000

Hi 2012lux. I know you are waiting for users to reply but I can tell you I tow a 20SSV Supra Wake Board boat. circa 2.5 ton. and without the chip the car is next to useless. Probably better to say gutless.

With the chip, it transforms the vehicle. tows MUCH easier. pull out of the ramp MUCH easier.

I get about 5% better economy with the chip. I would do chip first to see the benefits. then do exhaust IF YOU WANT. Remember, many do not fit exhaust at all ... with the EGT Controller you are protected against high temps in any case. The 3" exhaust will just provide a overall better experience for EGTs, fuel economy and of course power.
CHIP IT

Postby Lancair on Fri, 20 Jul 2012 4:37 +0000

Hi all, its been a while since I posted here, its been a while since I used my chip too.
I got sick of the limp mode episodes. I have a scan gauge fitted, all were the "fuel leak detected" variety and occured mostly when I backed off the power or when only just above idle crusing along. Like in the outside lane of the M1 doing 110kmh, backed right off, semi coasting down a hill and suddenly, I have NO throttle ability at all. :shock:

As a result Ive unplugged it, ( I have the original cut into your wires under the dash version) and havent used it in over 12 months. I post here today after a chance encounter with someone else using one of these and he is super happy.

What can I do ? ?

Andrew
Lancair

Postby CHIP IT on Fri, 20 Jul 2012 9:04 +0000

Hi Andrew. send it back with your invoice and write on a sheet of paper what the trouble has been.

We will get a new unit out to you.

BTW, you should have told us when you first were having these issues so we could do something about it.

I appreciate you not wanting to be difficult etc but you paid for an item and you deserve to have value for money.

Send back to
Chip IT
Unit 1, No. 5 Caloundra Rd
Clarkson WA 6030

Cheers
CHIP IT

Postby Lancair on Sat, 21 Jul 2012 6:19 +0000

Hi Robert,
Thanks for your very kind offer to replace the unit. However after a seperation and moving house, I have my doubts that I'll find any invoice or receipt. Ill have a look but . . . I lost a lot of personal papers etc in the move. I can't even remember how I paid for it, direct transfer, credit card or paypal ?

Andrew
Lancair

Postby CHIP IT on Sun, 22 Jul 2012 2:45 +0000

PM Sent
CHIP IT

Postby bortho on Tue, 24 Jul 2012 1:55 +0000

Lancair wrote:Hi all, its been a while since I posted here, its been a while since I used my chip too.
I got sick of the limp mode episodes. I have a scan gauge fitted, all were the "fuel leak detected" variety and occured mostly when I backed off the power or when only just above idle crusing along. Like in the outside lane of the M1 doing 110kmh, backed right off, semi coasting down a hill and suddenly, I have NO throttle ability at all. :shock:

As a result Ive unplugged it, ( I have the original cut into your wires under the dash version) and havent used it in over 12 months. I post here today after a chance encounter with someone else using one of these and he is super happy.

What can I do ? ?

Andrew

Hi Robert,

Mine is doing exactly this, i always get it coming off the m4 offramp after cruising along at 90kmh. Could i please send mine back to also have the problem fixed or the module replaced?

Regards,

Ian
bortho

Postby CHIP IT on Tue, 24 Jul 2012 2:16 +0000

OF COURSE send it back. That is why you purchased from a Aussie Company. We stand behind each purchase with 110% product support and you get to speak to Aussies when you need assistance.

The new units for Hilux/Prado don't have any issue, so feel free to get yours fixed.

... but at cruise ...???? do you have your EGR blanked off???
CHIP IT

PreviousNext

Return to Fuel Systems