FAQ CHIP IT Diesel Performance Solutions Power Module

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

Re: FAQ CHIP IT Diesel Performance Solutions Power Module

Postby CHIP IT on Fri, 10 Sep 2010 3:40 +0000

Hi Scott

Thanks for the feedback.

I glad you're happy with the chip. But we really do like to hear all the juicy bits ... so feel free to let us know your experience. :mrgreen:

OK, the software may already be unzipped. So disregard that part.

The folder that has the tuner in (IE FOLDER2) will have the program you are looking for.

Remember, that you dont HAVE to change tunes. It is plug and drive.

If you cannot get the cable working, it may be a faulty Serial to USB adaptor. The only thing we DON'T make ourselves!!!

Send it back with a note telling that you couldn't get it working. We will test it but if its working our end, the issue is your end. And that is in the realms of geekville.

IE. We cannot offer support for individualy notebook computers as you understand.

Hope this helps

Cheers
CHIP IT

Postby BundyBoy on Fri, 10 Sep 2010 4:41 +0000

Robert

I thought that the folder "IE FOLDER2" was the one I needed, but just wanted to comment that the instructions say to unzip when you dont need to.

I know I dont have to change tunes, but like a kid with a new toy, i want to have a play with it - which leads me to the next point of making sure that if i DO need to play with it, I can.

I will keep trying to sort it over the next couple of days, and will let you know how I go, and I do understand geeksville rules our lives too much for my liking...... (and I dont expect you to offer support for notebooks)

Cheers

Scott
Just throwing some chlorine into the gene pool.....
BundyBoy

Postby CHIP IT on Sat, 11 Sep 2010 3:22 +0000

at the time of writing the READ ME, Justin WAS zipping the program inside the zip file :shock: :roll:

Its no longer the case as you point out.

:mrgreen:

All good Scott. Let me know how you go.
CHIP IT

Postby BundyBoy on Sun, 12 Sep 2010 6:05 +0000

Robert,

My old man has a NS/NT Pajero and is interested in one of your chips, but is concerned that it won't be compatible as he has an auto gearbox. Your website doesn't distinguish between manual/slush box in the figures quoted - I assume the chip would be ok but can you please tell me what sort of gains he can expect from a stock vehicle?

Thanks

Scott
BundyBoy

Postby brownchoclit on Mon, 13 Sep 2010 12:57 +0000

oh man..just read through 11 pages of this .. :D

interesting product...i am hoping to upgrade soon..so will keep an eye on this thread..
brownchoclit

Postby CHIP IT on Mon, 13 Sep 2010 7:35 +0000

BundyBoy wrote:Robert,

My old man has a NS/NT Pajero and is interested in one of your chips, but is concerned that it won't be compatible as he has an auto gearbox. Your website doesn't distinguish between manual/slush box in the figures quoted - I assume the chip would be ok but can you please tell me what sort of gains he can expect from a stock vehicle?

Thanks

Scott

I own a NS Paj auto and until recently was running stock exhaust with pdf still fitted. It will product over 30% torque increase from stock. Recently I removed the PDF and now enjoy a must faster turbo spool up. the restrictive PDF does a great job of slowing down the exhaust flow so out it came. I had to re tune the Chip but it does go well now

The NT has a far better DPF however as it is a filter it too is a restriction and a big one at that.

I haven't measured the fuel economy yet however I believe it will improve as i wont be getting any post burn injection ... which is described here: http://chipit.com.au/support (4th item down called Cheat Sheet Diesel Particulate Filter Info)

Hope this helps

Cheers
Last edited by CHIP IT on Fri, 01 Jul 2011 9:06 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
CHIP IT

Postby BundyBoy on Thu, 23 Sep 2010 4:10 +0000

BundyBoy wrote:Robert

I thought that the folder "IE FOLDER2" was the one I needed, but just wanted to comment that the instructions say to unzip when you dont need to.

I know I dont have to change tunes, but like a kid with a new toy, i want to have a play with it - which leads me to the next point of making sure that if i DO need to play with it, I can.

I will keep trying to sort it over the next couple of days, and will let you know how I go, and I do understand geeksville rules our lives too much for my liking...... (and I dont expect you to offer support for notebooks)

Cheers

Scott

Well have spent some time today trying to get the chip to talk to the laptop - no joy.

Tried using a second laptop - still no joy.

It seems at this stage like the driver is not installing properly, thus not being able to see the cable. I will send the cable back to you to check it is ok, but is there any way to get a new copy of the driver software?

Thanks,

Scott
BundyBoy

Postby helmut79 on Thu, 23 Sep 2010 6:58 +0000

Has anyone installed the DPS chip with the sprint booster?
Mick
FCCW

“This is anger management......I’m channelling it into something and then I destroy it!”

My Build viewtopic.php?f=41&t=6869

New Member Sandpit viewforum.php?f=83
helmut79

Postby daryn on Thu, 23 Sep 2010 7:02 +0000

helmut79 wrote:Has anyone installed the DPS chip with the sprint booster?

I do but on a triton, no probs at all, awesome in fact.
daryn

Postby daryn on Thu, 23 Sep 2010 7:03 +0000

BundyBoy wrote:
BundyBoy wrote:Robert

Cheers

Scott

Well have spent some time today trying to get the chip to talk to the laptop - no joy.

Tried using a second laptop - still no joy.

It seems at this stage like the driver is not installing properly, thus not being able to see the cable. I will send the cable back to you to check it is ok, but is there any way to get a new copy of the driver software?

Thanks,

Scott

I have to use xp to get it to work.
daryn

Postby BundyBoy on Thu, 23 Sep 2010 7:50 +0000

Tried both XP and Vista - no joy on either.
BundyBoy

Postby CHIP IT on Fri, 24 Sep 2010 12:23 +0000

Yep, many have but if you haven't purchased one yet, try the chip first ... you won't need buy one as you will be very pleased with the throttle response of your vehicle after the Chip install. :mrgreen:

You would be better spending your $400.00 on the EGT Controller to retune the Chip program if your temps ever go up too high. Good safety right there ... and YES, it can be fitted as an add on if guys already have a Chip.

In Dash display looks real cool too.

https://chipit.com.au/products-page/diesel-mods/stand-alone-exhaust-gas-temp-ecu-with-remapping-capability/
CHIP IT

Postby CHIP IT on Fri, 24 Sep 2010 12:29 +0000

BundyBoy wrote:Tried both XP and Vista - no joy on either.

please try the drivers on the website but also download the READ ME FIRST file on the first line.

http://chipit.com.au/support/support/cheatsheets

Let me know how you go after going through the NEW READ ME FIRST Doc.

You MAY have a faulty lead.

Cheers
CHIP IT

Postby toyboata on Fri, 24 Sep 2010 10:40 +0000

Yes......very very impressive.....and now with my rear diff being open due to locker I get wheelspin everywhere! Impossible to drive in the wet with the sprint booster on!
toyboata

Postby CHIP IT on Fri, 24 Sep 2010 1:33 +0000

OH LORD !!! :)
CHIP IT

Postby BundyBoy on Wed, 29 Sep 2010 6:02 +0000

Robert

It looks like the lead may be faulty as I have downloaded the drivers on 2 separate computers and both of them say the device failed to start. Will post them back in the next few days.

By the way, just got back from 4 days camping with the camper trailer up at Rainbow beach and am even more happy with the chip. Towing a 900kg+ trailer and fully loaded dual cab was no drama - even able to overtake others on long uphill with ease with no great leap in fuel usage. Beach driving again was no problem with more than enough power on tap when I managed to be caught one gear too high.

Stopped at an TJM store on the way home and pi$$ed off the guys who work there as a customer was looking at buying a DP Chip and I steered him toward your product - right in front of them. I have no doubt that your product was rubbished as soon as I walked out of the store and the praises of DP were sung, but at least the other guy has your details now.

Cheers

Scott
BundyBoy

Postby CHIP IT on Fri, 15 Oct 2010 7:50 +0000

Hi Scott thanks for pushing work our way.

BTW did you get the cable driver which was placed on the chip it website. That one will get the cable working.

Cheers
CHIP IT

Postby CHIP IT on Fri, 15 Oct 2010 7:51 +0000

We also have a forum member's discount starting on 25th of this month. See the Chip It area for more info

Cheers
CHIP IT

Postby Alby on Fri, 15 Oct 2010 8:30 +0000

I had to take my chip out for my injector warranty claim with Toyota.

I really missed the power on my last trip without it, on the open road I found that without the extra grunt from the chip I was not able to hold the taller gears as long resulting in higher fuel consumption.

Now that I have had the injectors replaced, how long should I drive it for before refitting the chip?????
On the internet you can be anything you want. It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid!
Alby

Postby CHIP IT on Fri, 15 Oct 2010 2:58 +0000

DONT WAIT !

:lol:

You can fit straight away :)
CHIP IT

PreviousNext

Return to Fuel Systems