Steinbauer - The Facts and The Figures to Prove It!

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

Re: Steinbauer - The Facts and The Figures to Prove It!

Postby wakil on Mon, 05 Aug 2013 12:31 +0000

Scratchblades wrote:
Stef wrote:
wakil wrote:haha is now a bad time to ask if anyone wants to swap for a 'Chip it'chip? haha :lol:

You getting rid of your chip it?

Not playing Devils Advocate, but once id ordered my LUX a month ago, i was researching the Chips/Modules heavily id spoken to half dozen 4x4 places and Module makers, and i came to the conclusion that the Steinbaur is the best in the business and when your toying with a 50K+ New HIlux, you have to get it right !

:oops: Haha carn guys i had a sale there!! not getting rid of it yet, but id prefer a set up that plugs into the injectors not the fuel rails. Steinbauer is sorta indicating max 25% increase? or is that just on average, its still all tunable like chip it isnt it?

Playing with the long term goal of bigger injectors and gturbo, and i want a tunable chip, just wondering if this kinda tuning is still possible with steinbauer
Cheers, Will

He who laughs last thinks slowest!

35" CLAWS, Monster Rides Suspension, DC2 Wheels

Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=18116
wakil

Postby highoctane on Mon, 05 Aug 2013 2:24 +0000

thanks mate
highoctane

Postby Rocket55 on Mon, 05 Aug 2013 5:07 +0000

Stef wrote:Anybody know if the chip in the for sale section is the type you need for the 3" exhaust?

His not to sure, and this is make or break for me

Why don't you PM the guy and ask ;). Mitch doesn't bite....... Hard :roll:
Cheers Rod
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Bitumen ...... another waste of public funds
Rocket55

Postby Scratchblades on Mon, 05 Aug 2013 9:32 +0000

You will need the Module that has the Turbo Actuator Control, if you have a 3" Exhaust then you could and more than likely will not get the results your looking for and possibly fault codes, if anyone is in or near the CBD of Sydney, id glady take you for a spin and show my results....... today exiting the Sydney Harbour Tunnel , i gave the Lux a Shove and i was more than impressed ! and the Pulling power above 1750 RPM right through the Curve..........
Scratchblades

Postby BDG on Wed, 07 Aug 2013 12:54 +0000

:oops: Haha carn guys i had a sale there!! not getting rid of it yet, but id prefer a set up that plugs into the injectors not the fuel rails. Steinbauer is sorta indicating max 25% increase? or is that just on average, its still all tunable like chip it isnt it?

Playing with the long term goal of bigger injectors and gturbo, and i want a tunable chip, just wondering if this kinda tuning is still possible with steinbauer

Yeah mate.
Basically, the rail units add extra fuel by upping rail pressure, and therefore density of fuel.
SteinB does it by lengthening out the duration of injection (well being able to modulate it).

We're currently working with some switched on people within this side of the industry to develop our own high-flows.

Our injectors, by putting in more fuel per degree, essentially achieves the same thing as increasing the rail pressure 12%, but without stressing all the fuel system to do it. Of course, if you then combined them both, you'd end up with 20%+ increase in overall fuel.

We are literally launching a +12% (its more like +12-15%) one this week that will work with a standard ECU and so forth, but we really recommend being able to control the boost pressure. More fuel really does require more air.

+12%s are available (technically as of this coming Friday) and +30's are under development (due to popular demand).

Anyway gents, Hope this helps
Matt
BDG

Postby helmut79 on Wed, 07 Aug 2013 1:38 +0000

Matt,

Whats the damage for a set of these 12%== injectors??

I'm very interested now!!
Mick
FCCW

“This is anger management......I’m channelling it into something and then I destroy it!”

My Build viewtopic.php?f=41&t=6869

New Member Sandpit viewforum.php?f=83
helmut79

Postby Rocket55 on Wed, 07 Aug 2013 4:35 +0000

Just to set the record straight, you can run the "standard" Steinbauer chip WITH a 3" exhaust and get great results and NO codes :D
Cheers Rod
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Rocket55

Postby Scratchblades on Wed, 07 Aug 2013 5:28 +0000

Rocket, yes your correct but i had no intention of being part of the percentage that can and probably will get a fault code, and or Limp mode,...... i wasnt going to F**K around with a 50k+ Kitted out truck , just to save an extra 450 bucks.......
Scratchblades

Postby Rocket55 on Wed, 07 Aug 2013 6:18 +0000

Yeah fair enough, but you're not talking to your missus now and don't need to use potential codes as a means to justify the extra/better gadget and hence extra performance, we are all guilty of that, just check out some of the builds. :lol: :lol: :lol: There are stacks of us running this standard chip with all sorts of sports exhausts and stock exhausts with no issues. Basically the bulk of us chose this chip as it's one of the few (there are others out there) that don't throw codes. :D
Last edited by Rocket55 on Wed, 07 Aug 2013 6:28 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers Rod
Rocket55

Postby davexr6 on Wed, 07 Aug 2013 6:26 +0000

scratchblades. is there a model number for you module ? or do you need to ask for the one to control the actuator? i have a 2,3/4 exhaust.
davexr6

Postby Scratchblades on Wed, 07 Aug 2013 7:54 +0000

Dave,

Id call, Westend and ask them what model # it is as i dont know what it is myself.

Cheers
Scratchblades

Postby Scratchblades on Wed, 07 Aug 2013 7:56 +0000

Rocket55 wrote:Yeah fair enough, but you're not talking to your missus now and don't need to use potential codes as a means to justify the extra/better gadget and hence extra performance, we are all guilty of that, just check out some of the builds. :lol: :lol: :lol: There are stacks of us running this standard chip with all sorts of sports exhausts and stock exhausts with no issues. Basically the bulk of us chose this chip as it's one of the few (there are others out there) that don't throw codes. :D

Rocket,

Hilarious, My wife ecourage's me to spend on my truck as its my mobile office lol :) im sure on here most of your run the normal chip, i was just advised not too by Steinauer, so i took their advice, anyway its up to the individual to make their own choice :) i meant no offence to any one who hasn't got the chip ive got.

Cheers

SB.
Scratchblades

Postby BDG on Thu, 08 Aug 2013 10:53 +0000

helmut79 wrote:Matt,

Hey;

They're $1760 (including GST) for the set. Reason for the premium over our standard injectors is that we actually use a totally different Injector as a base before we set them to our Specs. These different injectors were not so readily available, so long story short, they are brand new + reset injectors.

Given the current market pricing, I think its pretty reasonable for new injectors keeping in mind these are new + a few hours labour. Anyway, there it is.

Thanks
Matt
BDG

Postby helmut79 on Thu, 08 Aug 2013 11:50 +0000

BDG wrote:
helmut79 wrote:Matt,

Hey;

They're $1760 (including GST) for the set. Reason for the premium over our standard injectors is that we actually use a totally different Injector as a base before we set them to our Specs. These different injectors were not so readily available, so long story short, they are brand new + reset injectors.

Given the current market pricing, I think its pretty reasonable for new injectors keeping in mind these are new + a few hours labour. Anyway, there it is.

Thanks
Matt

Cheers Matt,

Sounds like a fair price to me. Eliminates the need for a chip and the additional cost is less than the price of a chip!!

Cheers
Mick
Mick
FCCW

“This is anger management......I’m channelling it into something and then I destroy it!”

My Build viewtopic.php?f=41&t=6869

New Member Sandpit viewforum.php?f=83
helmut79

Postby StevenS on Thu, 08 Aug 2013 12:51 +0000

Are these newer high flow injectors also rated to a higher line pressure than the stockies?
StevenS

Postby BDG on Thu, 08 Aug 2013 1:21 +0000

Hey Steve;

I know this sounds like a 'sales' pitch, but we've spec'd (or had manufactured to our Specs I should say) all the parts that we use to the highest standard that we've been able to. So its a yes and a no all at the same time.

The reality is, if we could make the units seal better, with less leakage and less pressure induced Torsional movement, we would have done so for everything. So the answer is, they're all built as well as they can be.

My personal recommendation would be to actually use these injectors with the full spec SB that scratchblades is using. Really, you need to be able to adjust the injection length, but more so increase the boost levels. This is how you would run this in the most 'daily' friendly and keep EGT's down.

On one of the test vehicles we sent a set up to Matt at JustAutos and he fitted it with the HKS unit he sells (yeah i know its a SB thread) and with a small increase in rail pressure, increasing boost and lengthening out the injection stroke, he made some nice power figures whilst keeping the EGT's well and truly in check.
BDG

Postby amitch888 on Thu, 08 Aug 2013 1:38 +0000

All good info, maybe a good idea to start a new thread with this info in it since their is so many questions and interest 8-)
FCCW
Mitch's Build

Education is what you get when you read the fine print, experience is what you get when you don't.
amitch888

Postby Scratchblades on Fri, 09 Aug 2013 7:19 +0000

Hey BDG , its all good mate , i read up on your injectors etc and found it really informative mate :)
Scratchblades

Postby Scratchblades on Sun, 01 Sep 2013 8:29 +0000

My last tank of full lasted for this long just as the fuel lamp came on, the steinbauer and exhaust is a first class mod for anyone ! I have more power and good economy
Scratchblades

Postby lux4x4 on Mon, 02 Sep 2013 5:50 +0000

backs up what I've been telling me mates all along, thanks for the factual info to prove that this chip is the best.
lux4x4

PreviousNext

Return to Fuel Systems