ascent canopy experiences please, worth the coin?

ascent canopy experiences please, worth the coin?

Postby 4wdadriang on Sat, 16 Jul 2016 9:51 +0000

Looking for feedback on experience from people who actually have one fitted. Wanting to know of any thoughts or short comings leaks etc thanks in advance..☺
4wdadriang

Re: ascent canopy experiences please, worth the coin?

Postby Senirb on Sun, 17 Jul 2016 10:35 +0000

Hi
I've had my canopy for the past 2 months
I ordered the
LH lift window
RH partial open window for my dog
I should of got the 2 lift windows as it already comes with a roof vent
This just gives you better access to the tub
The one thing I did do was install LED's under the lip in the tub
I had ARB wire these in. So when I open the rear window, the whole tubs lights up
The light that does come standard is better than previous models, but it is always better to have good lighting

The only issue I have is when I go to open the rear window, as I press down onto the button, occasionally the left side latch does not always unlatch unless I hold the button down
I have asked ARB to get this fixed as this is not a cheap canopy

Thanks
Brendan
Senirb

Postby Red80 on Mon, 25 Jul 2016 6:43 +0000

I haven't had the accent so take this with a grain of salt but a mate had one and mentioned the same button issue. It had me wondering how they would go long term post warranty.
I did have an egr canopy on my previous ranger which was good but leaked slightly between the canopy and tub. Was looking at the factory canopies and they look identical to egr on the inside. I have been weighing up a canopy but think I will try to get around it this time.
Red80

Postby TOYZX on Mon, 25 Jul 2016 11:33 +0000

That switch issue is simply an adjustment of the latches. Fitted stacks of these now and had only a couple come in with this issue. Seems once they settle in a bit some need adjusting, no biggie.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
TOYZX

Postby 4wdadriang on Sat, 30 Jul 2016 3:52 +0000

Cheers for the feedback fyi i have bitten the bullet partially absorbed justifying the cost in my head. Apparently a 4 week wait on 1. either manufactuing is slow or demand is super high. Havent seen more than 3 on the roads since i bought the car a month ago and started observing canopies.
4wdadriang

Return to Exterior Mods