Automatic Mirror Retraction

Re: Automatic Mirror Retraction

Postby Deuscartel on Wed, 24 May 2017 4:05 +0000

Toddheff wrote:
ausfreestyle wrote:you can now get a simple piggy back harness to do this with a small solid state module on ebay.
really easy to fit. Good for people that dont feel comfortable making up a harness.
fitted in 30 min.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/192035173000?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT">http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/192035173000 ... EBIDX%3AIT</a><!-- m -->

Hi ausfreestyle, just bought the same kit and none of the plugs in the kick panel match. where did you plug yours in ?
Cheers
Todd
I bought the same kit too, I managed to find the plugs in the drivers door and under the mirror controls that fit all the plugs on the kit, but it still didn't work, I am interested if anyone else has got the eBay kit working.
Deuscartel

Postby Toddheff on Sun, 04 Jun 2017 2:01 +0000

Deuscartel wrote:
Toddheff wrote:
ausfreestyle wrote:you can now get a simple piggy back harness to do this with a small solid state module on ebay.
really easy to fit. Good for people that dont feel comfortable making up a harness.
fitted in 30 min.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/192035173000?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT">http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/192035173000 ... EBIDX%3AIT</a><!-- m -->

Hi ausfreestyle, just bought the same kit and none of the plugs in the kick panel match. where did you plug yours in ?
Cheers
Todd
I bought the same kit too, I managed to find the plugs in the drivers door and under the mirror controls that fit all the plugs on the kit, but it still didn't work, I am interested if anyone else has got the eBay kit working.

Hi, I fitted to the door as well and it didn't work, I sent the unit back and got a new one. Have not fitted it yet but I did notice on the old one that the plug that goes by the door lock that the two wires on the original plug are on different pins than the piggy back plug. if it doesn't work again I am going to change the piggy back to suit and see how it goes. I will let you know.
Toddheff

Postby Deuscartel on Sun, 04 Jun 2017 3:11 +0000

Good luck. I am interested to see how you go.
Deuscartel

Postby Toddheff on Mon, 05 Jun 2017 12:12 +0000

I have worked out the mirrors. As I thought the plug nearest to the door lock (green & grey wire) the pins are in the incorrect position on the supplied loom.

You will have to change the pins to as in the photo. Make sure you change the pins on the other end as well to match. looking at the front of the plug or socket there are tiny white tabs that if you lift with a tiny screwdriver or scribe the pins will pull easily from the back of the plug.
If yours was the same as mine the two coloured wires will be in the two centre pins.
Toddheff

Postby Deuscartel on Mon, 05 Jun 2017 12:54 +0000

Toddheff wrote:I have worked out the mirrors. As I thought the plug nearest to the door lock (green & grey wire) the pins are in the incorrect position on the supplied loom.

You will have to change the pins to as in the photo. Make sure you change the pins on the other end as well to match. looking at the front of the plug or socket there are tiny white tabs that if you lift with a tiny screwdriver or scribe the pins will pull easily from the back of the plug.
If yours was the same as mine the two coloured wires will be in the two centre pins.
Sweet, I'll try it and see how we go. Thanks for the post
Deuscartel

Postby Burb122 on Tue, 06 Jun 2017 2:10 +0000

Hey my Sr5 doesn't have the button for retracting the mirrors. Down by where you adjust the mirrors. Have I been ripped off here haha!
Burb122

Postby Deuscartel on Tue, 06 Jun 2017 6:02 +0000

So I managed to get the kit working thanks to Toddheff's wire hack, thanks for the info mate. This site is really helping me spend my money! No I have to tackle the eBay DRL fog light covers that turned up on my front door. Thanks again Toddheff :D
Deuscartel

Postby RickB on Wed, 07 Jun 2017 8:15 +0000

Hi Toddhelf,
Any chance you would have a picture showing where the harness plugs in and or instructions?

Thanks,

Rick.
RickB

Postby Toddheff on Mon, 19 Jun 2017 3:24 +0000

RickB wrote:Hi Toddhelf,
Any chance you would have a picture showing where the harness plugs in and or instructions?

Thanks,

Rick.

Hi Rick, Look at a youtube video to get the door skin off (fairly easy). Rivers door
Once you have the skin off the rest is pretty self explanatory. The plug in the picture goes to the lock signal closest to the door opening.Unplug the original plug, plug in the one from the harness and then plug the original in to the harness.
Without pulling my door apart again the one with the red wire goes towards the hinges at the same height as the first plug and the bigger plug goes into the window door lock panel.
So all the plugs on the supplied harness plug into originals on door and window plate and then the originals piggy back on to the harness. All the plugs are different so only plug into one place. The plugs go in easy so if you are forcing something I would say they are in the wrong spot.
See how you go and if get stuck give me another shout and I will do photos. If you are in Adelaide I can always help. Todd
Toddheff

Postby adamwcct on Fri, 21 Jul 2017 10:39 +0000

Hey mate,

Thanks for working this out and sharing it, I knew this plug was to blame as on my ute there are not any pins in the door socket where the green and grey are wired to be. There’s no way I would of figured this out. Could you please explain make sure you change the pins on the other end as well to match. Are the only wires being moved the green and grey?

Cheers

Adam
adamwcct

Postby Toddheff on Mon, 14 Aug 2017 8:30 +0000

adamwcct wrote:Hey mate,

Thanks for working this out and sharing it, I knew this plug was to blame as on my ute there are not any pins in the door socket where the green and grey are wired to be. There’s no way I would of figured this out. Could you please explain make sure you change the pins on the other end as well to match. Are the only wires being moved the green and grey?

Cheers

Adam

Hi Adam, move the green and grey but make sure you change the green and gray on both ends.
Todd
Toddheff

Postby Abnormal on Wed, 23 Aug 2017 4:05 +0000

Hey Todd when you say gren and gray on both ends what plugs are you referring to as ive tried swapping them and no luck.
You pictures are not loading.... not sure if its my phone or the uploads

Is it the plug into the modual and the one into the door lock mech?
Abnormal

Postby Abnormal on Wed, 23 Aug 2017 7:40 +0000

All good now, managed to figure out that you swap the green and grey to the outside pin locations and the other end of the piggy back lead...
Had a slight issue but soon figured that out...
It turns out if you have the pins the wrong way the mirrors fold in when you unlock and fold out when you lock the car :lol:

Well worth the $50 or so for this :D
Abnormal

Postby Fozzie on Fri, 09 Feb 2018 2:06 +0000

Thanks for your help finally got mine on :)
Fozzie

Previous

Return to Electrical