OEM Radio Firmware update?

OEM Radio Firmware update?

Postby Trinimanlarge on Mon, 13 Nov 2017 10:25 +0000

Good day all,

Own a 2014 Hilux double cab. I Live in Trinidad located in the Caribbean. We get our Hiluxs from Thailand per our local dealer. My truck came with a Non-Nav version of the touch screen multimedia head unit the guys in Australia received. Since updating my OS on my iPhone, I have been having bluetooth issues. Just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction in where I can find any information on updating the firmware for the headunit.

Here is the only information that i can find on this unit.

Toyota 86140-0K401
PVH-4938ZT
Serial Number: NGTM000687CS

Software Info

Model Id: 13TDDALA-EA01
Hard No: 86140-0K401
SAM ID: AEAIBZWSSM

Any Help will be greatly appreciated. Have searched for hours and cannot even find this model unit on the internet. Have called local dealer for help and they are as clueless as I am. Checked out the Toyota Thailand site as well with no luck.

Cheers
Trinimanlarge

Re: OEM Radio Firmware update?

Postby jabiru18 on Tue, 14 Nov 2017 1:52 +0000

jabiru18

Re: OEM Radio Firmware update?

Postby Trinimanlarge on Wed, 15 Nov 2017 4:04 +0000

Thank you for the help. Unfortunately no luck. Came across the links you provided a few days ago. The update software you found is for another unit. And the Toyota Tech website also does not list my unit. This has been very frustrating for me mainly because I can't even find my unit online. It's as though it does not exist. I've tried searching every Toyota site from all regions with every single bit of data I can extract from the unit.

Also read my Users manual that came with the Hilux about a dozen times. They cover the basic functions within the OS but never touch on updating software etc. Worst case scenario I will have to fork out a lot of money to make an international call to Toyota Thailand in hopes I can find an English speaking support rep to hopefully give me some information.

I'll keep at it and hope that I come across something. Until then I pray that someone else on the forum has had a similar issue and posts a solution.

Cheers to all.
Trinimanlarge

Return to Electrical