help! noise coming from under the tub whilst turning

General discussion of basically anything Hilux related

help! noise coming from under the tub whilst turning

Postby Rbhawilliams on Mon, 29 Jul 2013 4:43 +0000

Hi, I have a non modified 08sr5 4x4.... it makes a funny noise underneath the tub when turning right.
It sounds like something is moving, not much just a little... I thought it might have been a shocker bush but all the suspension and bushes seem fine and bushes tight.
im a little confused as to what else it could be... it doesnt variate with speed and isnt constant. Has anyone else encountered this or have any experience what else to look at.
Doesnt sound like a diff noise but guess it is a possibility...

HELP
Rbhawilliams

Re: help! noise coming from under the tub whilst turning

Postby scott3806 on Wed, 15 May 2024 4:01 +0000

i have a 2010 sr5 with the same problem only mine is more of a clunk when turning right i have been from top to bottom and front to back and tightened every nut and bolt and still have the same noise, try tightening up your spare wheel under the tub and see if that makes a difference, if you find the issue yell out and i will do the same mate.
scott3806

Re: help! noise coming from under the tub whilst turning

Postby Rob_Wood on Wed, 15 May 2024 2:02 +0000

Scott has already suggested he's checked all nuts & bolts, guessing this includes checking the load dampers the tub is mounted on? Might also check wheel bearings and brake shoes. Anything on, near or adjacent to moving parts really.
Rob_Wood

Return to General Discussion